Boardman Pro 2008 Instruction Manual

stewartdiver
stewartdiver Posts: 21
edited February 2010 in Workshop
Does any one have a .PDF version of the above instruction manual.

I've tried Halfords customer service?? and had not response, but I understand that one is available.

Thanks

Stewart

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    Instruction manuals are usually not worth the paper they're written on - and I doubt if Boardman's will be any different. What is it you need to know..?
  • bike instruction manuals don't contain any instructions, and often don't even seem to be about bikes.

what you really need is the manual for whatever component of the boardman you want to tinker with.

so, as softlad said, what do you want to do to the bike?
  • The 'instruction manual', if it can be called one & I think it contravenes the Trades Description Act to call it a 'manual', that came with my Team Carbon basically said if anything goes wrong, take it to your 'friendly neighbourhood' Halfords to do any work on it. You do get the user/set up guides for the Sram Rival shifters etc. but the Boardman manual is basically not worth the paper it is written on.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    all it says in there is ride the hell out of it and think about a broken neck if it happens.
  • I suppose I am just on of those people that likes to see if there is anything I need to do?

I am puzzled by a single screw (similar to one for mounting a bottle cage to the bike) which is on the underside of the top tube on the right side. (Ithought the instructions might tell me what it is for?!)

Coming from a cheap raleigh, it has revitalised my riding, I now understand what people mean when they talk about the difference better quality kit can make!
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    1) Place arris on saddle.

2) Place hands on handlebars.

3) Place feet on pedals.

4) Use legs to rotate pedals.

5) Enjoy.

:wink:
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    I am puzzled by a single screw (similar to one for mounting a bottle cage to the bike) which is on the underside of the top tube on the right side. (Ithought the instructions might tell me what it is for?!)
    If it's near the front (about 3-4 inches back from the head tube) then it's probably for mounting a race number.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    balthazar wrote:
    If it's near the front (about 3-4 inches back from the head tube) then it's probably for mounting a race number.

It is.
    Cycling weakly