Need a Bag

tolmie
tolmie Posts: 45
edited February 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi there, Im looking to buy a bag, now this might sound daft but I'll be using it for going to the shop to pick up some cans of beer etc instead of driving, now would I be better buying a normal sports one or a proper mtb, the mtb ones I've seen in the mags look a bit small ,what are your through and what ones would you recommend, links would be great.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    if it is for shopping only. a rucksack with chest strap and compression straps.

stops the beer from moving.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I like this thread - priorities are right (and honest!!)

I need a bag for beer when on my MTB... brilliant!!! :D
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    tolmie wrote:
    Hi there, Im looking to buy a bag, now this might sound daft but I'll be using it for going to the shop to pick up some cans of beer etc instead of driving, now would I be better buying a normal sports one or a proper mtb, the mtb ones I've seen in the mags look a bit small ,what are your through and what ones would you recommend, links would be great.

well for beer you realy needs a good old BSO then get 2 plastic bags and hang them off the handle bars. :wink:
    well thats how most of the lads that live near me do it :P

i think that a MTB hydration pack would not be best for shooping as they are small.
    If you are only getting a few things then a normal rucksack or messinger bag will do but if you are wanting a mamoth weeks shopping then i would go for
    http://www.yubaride.com/utility-bicycles-models.html.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the problem with the messenger bag is when you come to open the Beer.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tolmie
    Love the reply guys, lmao, brillliant, why drive to pick up the beers when I can cycle, so come on, what would you recommend.
  • tolmie
    cmon guys, give me a hand here, the transport of beer is important.
  • Empty the beer into your camel back bladder then sup as you ride home. you won't even need to suck as the beer will be pressurised with the jiggling around.
  • As nicklouse said, any backpack with chest straps. If you have a TK Maxx near you go in there, you'll pick up a branded one for about £15 which will be alreet ;)
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    It's gotta be the Gourdon 20 http://www.alpkit.com/gourdon/

email em about stock

...maybe the 30 who knows.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    edited February 2010
    nevermind
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    actually I've found it.
    the Burton liquid lounger

BurtonLiquidLoungerCooler.jpg
  • tolmie
    Well guys I got a bag today, went into tk max and got a Jeep bag for £20, really chuffed with, cycled to aldi and got the supplys in.