Good Rides Near Leicester?

hilza
hilza Posts: 43
edited February 2010 in Road beginners
Can anyone suggest any for when the weather picks up? I want some new roads and I'm desperate to get out!

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Have a look on the Garmin Connect, Bikely type sites. Using the search facility you should be able to see and download any (open) maps created by other users.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Which side of Leicester are you? On the nice side there are plenty of good routes - Enderby -> Thurlaston -> Shilton -> Mallory Park -> Desford back into Leicester on the A47, or the straight run out from Leicester through Narborough down to Smocky Hollow on the A5 & back again, or going west LFE -> Desford -> Newbold then onto the 447 swinging back round to Newbold again and back into Leicester.

North there are some cracking rides anywhere outside of Loughborough, or further up into Sutton Bonnigton & the area round there. Good roads, nice mix of hills & flat & traffic not too busy. Depends what you're looking for really. I've said it before but the best ride in Leicestershire is the 130 yards from The Anchor to The Cross Keys in Burbage - a gentle climb past the war memorial & the conny club, & then in for some of Jonny Boy's finest beer. Hard to beat.