Best shop in the South West for MTB shoes

deejay.
deejay. Posts: 665
edited January 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

I'm going to buy myself some new shoes in the next month or so, and am looking for a shop which can provide shoes from more than one manufacturer - I want to do the old fashioned thing of actually trying them on before I buy them, to see which is the most comfy!

Do any of you guys and girls have a tremendous LBS you could please recommend on this score? I live near Bridgwater, to give you an idea of my location (not in Chew Valley anymore, despite what my profile might say).

Thanks all,

deej
He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil...

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Only two spring to mind for Bridgewater, St John Street and Bicycle Chain. Can't help on which is better though.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • deejay.
    Thanks. SJS is good, with competitive prices, but they only stock Shimano, and I would like to get a comparison with Sidi and Gaerne...The Bicycle Chain I've not tried, but I should go and take a look. What about Exeter or Taunton - any ideas?
  • chris_sw
    chris_sw Posts: 100
    deejay. wrote:
    Thanks. SJS is good, with competitive prices, but they only stock Shimano, and I would like to get a comparison with Sidi and Gaerne...The Bicycle Chain I've not tried, but I should go and take a look. What about Exeter or Taunton - any ideas?
    In Taunton there's another Bicycle Chain, Ralph Coleman Cycles, and Kings Cycles. Can't comment on their stock of shoes though I'm afraid.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Might be worth a trip to Bristol, there's loads of bike shops around the city. I don't know anywhere that stocks Gaerne or Sidi, I'd like to try both out before I buy my next pair.
  • bicycle chain in b/water have a whole load out on display at the moment - well worth a look, ask for Richard to advise - hes a top bloke !

(they also have a facebook page with regular rides posted on there)
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • deejay.
    jonnyc2420 wrote:
    bicycle chain in b/water have a whole load out on display at the moment - well worth a look, ask for Richard to advise - hes a top bloke !

(they also have a facebook page with regular rides posted on there)

Thanks jonny - that's really helpful. I'll go and have a look, perhaps next weekend. I'll post my findings if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

deej