Lapierre Zesty 714 Carbon... 1 Word... AMAZING!!!!!!

Comments

• RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    Gaz and Valy... diz is pure crap an that innit. Some geezer wot post on here wants to sez some good stuf about his bike an u to dudes are argooing about speling and stuf.

Quite frankly I feel both of you chaps have done this fine fellow a disservice and should apologise immediately. Furthermore discussions about the relatives merits of an individuals grammatical construction are possibly not best directed at a forum dedicated to pursuits of the mountain biking variety.

Moreover... yoouse just sound like kn0bs innit
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    richmtb - Furthermore discussions about the relatives merits of an individuals grammatical construction are possibly not best directed at a forum dedicated to pursuits of the mountain biking variety

not my choice to bring up grammer on the forum. i enjoy cycling and thats what im interested in discussing here

richmtb - Quite frankly I feel both of you chaps have done this fine fellow a disservice and should apologise immediately.

read the post at the top of this page

richmtb - Moreover... yoouse just sound like kn0bs innit

cheers for that
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    RichMTB wrote:
    Quite frankly I feel both of you chaps have done this fine fellow a disservice and should apologise immediately. Furthermore discussions about the relatives merits of an individuals grammatical construction are possibly not best directed at a forum dedicated to pursuits of the mountain biking variety.

couple of spelling mistakes in there pal
    very sloppy. :wink:
    :lol:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Right then children, toys back in the pram please :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • [spelling Nazi]
    As nobody else has done so yet, I feel I should point out that Grammar is spelled with an "a" and not an "e".
    [/spelling Nazi]

:wink:
    Peace out homes
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    colintrav wrote:
    wordy1979 wrote:
    Been down my local woods today in the snow, first ride out :D . Hammer the pedals and you take off and thats with conti mountain kings 2.4. Im really excited for the summer now. Has anyone bought the 2010 Zesty? What do you think? :D I will try and post some pics later on.

Would you rate it better than the when the you first got given a BJ ?

Oh Colin, you really don't help yourself :roll:
  • I can see the headlines now '4Kbike in "It's really good shocker"'. :roll:

Not wanting to take the shine off your new purchase but having spent the best part of 4k I would be horrified to be anything other than over the moon with it - great that you are enjoying it - just not newsworthy.

(Sorry but still smarting at recent review in WMB claiming that an 8k Cannondale was the best hardtail in the world - quelle suprise.. Now WMB doing an article saying "1k bike is the best we've ever ridden" would be news.)
    Scott Genius 08, Marin Rock Springs 08, Marin Pine Mountain 89
  • I would like to echo the previous comments of:

Pics or it didnt happen!
  • Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    Ah the complexities of There, Their and They're....

There - as in "over there'.
    Their - as in 'its not mine, it's theirs".
    They're - as in "yes they're going too', short version of 'they are'.
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    I can see the headlines now '4Kbike in "It's really good shocker"'. :roll:

Not wanting to take the shine off your new purchase but having spent the best part of 4k I would be horrified to be anything other than over the moon with it - great that you are enjoying it - just not newsworthy if there are not pics.

(Sorry but still smarting at recent review in WMB claiming that an 8k Cannondale was the best hardtail in the world - quelle suprise.. Now WMB doing an article saying "1k bike is the best we've ever ridden" would be news.)

OP - pics or GEETEEEFFOU?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    yer POIDH :lol: if i had a brand new zesty 714 id be showing it off everywhere and putting pics in every one of my posts :lol:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    It's obvious whats going on, it's a well organised troll attack aimed at sparking a grammar war! There is no Zesty :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • lawman
    bails87 wrote:
    It's obvious whats going on, it's a well organised troll attack aimed at sparking a grammar war! There is no Zesty :wink:

i agree wierd how the OP has suddenly disappeared :lol: maybe its 4xj again :lol:
  • Valy
    bails87 wrote:

OOO.png
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    He actually PM'ed me to ask how to post pictures, so I don't think this is random trolling :lol:
  • lawman
    He actually PM'ed me to ask how to post pictures, so I don't think this is random trolling :lol:
    i still see no pics or posts taleing his unsucessful attempts to post pics :lol:
  • Valy
    OP - you upload your picture from wherever they are on your computer, then paste the link/s, highlight them and click the "Img" button.

It should look like this:

{img]picture link[/img]

Here is a site you can use to upload the pictures to: http://www.imagehost.org/
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Or if you use Firefox & have Greasemonkey installed use then use the Phorumr script to create a link under the image on Flickr, the link also links the photo back to your Flickr page so you are not breaking the T&C of Flickr (having a link back to the flickr site if you post your photos on another website)

Greasemonkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

Phorumr: http://www.stewartpratt.com/?p=88

All you do is copy the Phorumr created link under the image of your choice on Flickr , paste it & voila!
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • DamonC
    DamonC Posts: 263
    Crickey I thought wow a 3 pages thread on a new bike, must have great pics.....

Come on guys.......repeat after me...calm down dear, its just a forum!

It would be nice to see some pics. I am told these are hard to get hold of atm with approx a month's wait.

Congrats on a lovely looking bike.
    Suffering from the light bike fat git syndrome.
  • I came here to see piccies of your new bike and was totally disappointed. What a bunch of losers you are arguing over the use of words!
    This is a biking forum not an english lesson :wink:

By the way, I've got a Zesty 514 in case anyone cares. It rocks!
    Lapierre Zesty 514 - 2010
  • From a self proclaimed spelling nazi:

I think using correct spelling and grammar is just courteous (spell check that word!). So, yes, it bothers me when someone doesn't take care to save my eyes and brain from having to decipher (spelling again!) a post.

Solution - if they write in txt speak and use "your" instead of "you're" or "their" instead of "they're", I won't read it or reply.

I just hope for their sake that they know how to write proper when they get to work - or McDonalds beckons.....
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    what a let down of a thread...
    Not really active
  • Valy wrote:
    gaz047 wrote:
    their quality mate and look mint, lucky bugger!! enjoy

Don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but how can people say their meaning to say they are... it's utter mind fuck.
    Don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but how can you insult other people when you can't even use a simple question mark? It's an utter mindfuck.
  • Valy
    fanatic278 wrote:
    From a self proclaimed spelling nazi:

I think using correct spelling and grammar is just courteous (spell check that word!). So, yes, it bothers me when someone doesn't take care to save my eyes and brain from having to decipher (spelling again!) a post.

Solution - if they write in txt speak and use "your" instead of "you're" or "their" instead of "they're", I won't read it or reply.

I just hope for their sake that they know how to write proper when they get to work - or McDonalds beckons.....

It is just common courtesy, agree.
    BenChaffer wrote:
    Valy wrote:
    gaz047 wrote:
    their quality mate and look mint, lucky bugger!! enjoy

Don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but how can people say their meaning to say they are... it's utter mind fuck.
    Don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but how can you insult other people when you can't even use a simple question mark? It's an utter mindfuck.

Well, if you see it as an insult, it would be a self-inflicted one... and the sentence does not end on the question. :? :?
  • hyperman
    hyperman Posts: 232
    @ valy..

how is it common courtesy? some people are not able to use the correct grammar, that maybe down to several reasons, they may be quite cleary not as highly educated as you obviously are, they may have learning difficulties, there are many different reasons. i personally am crap at using correct grammar and i'm not that sad that i feel the need to check everything i type, and i'm lazy when it comes to using a keyboard..quite frankly i'm disgusted that on a mountain biking forum people feel the need make stupid comments and make the forum feel like an unfriendly place to be, i read somewhere that all mountain bikers are a real friendly bunch....how wrong was that!!
  • Valy
    hyperman wrote:
    @ valy..

how is it common courtesy? some people are not able to use the correct grammar, that maybe down to several reasons, they may be quite cleary not as highly educated as you obviously are, they may have learning difficulties, there are many different reasons. i personally am crap at using correct grammar and i'm not that sad that i feel the need to check everything i type, and i'm lazy when it comes to using a keyboard..quite frankly i'm disgusted that on a mountain biking forum people feel the need make stupid comments and make the forum feel like an unfriendly place to be, i read somewhere that all mountain bikers are a real friendly bunch....how wrong was that!!

I see what you mean, and while I'm not "highly educated" when it comes to English, nor am I a native speaker - I just find it odd that people say things like that at times.
  • fanatic278 wrote:
    From a self proclaimed spelling nazi:

'self-proclaimed'
    'Spelling Nazi'

'write properly' or 'write proper English'
    'otherwise McDonalds beckons' would've sounded better too, even if it is a narrow-minded thing to say.

Big Mac Meal to take out please.
  • Valy
    Are... are you for real?
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    Valy wrote:
    Are... are you for real?

er , you started all this valy :wink::lol:
    go on , give us another one of your big smiley pics and finish this thread on a nice note.
  • Shatner wrote:
    Big Mac Meal to take out please.

Wait a sec. I just need to take it out back to spit in it.. :wink:

I won't criticise any individual's poor spelling/grammar, I just choose not to read/respond. I was just trying to point out that unless someone has a good reason, I'd appreciate it if they bothered writing 'proper'. This is the worst forum I spend time on when it comes to writing effort.