Ricco's Missus positive for CERA

Comments

• Tootler
    Tootler Posts: 53
    And I wonder if she's breastfeeding ? Poor kid with those two as role models.. .

Poor kid - are you kidding or what. More like 'lucky b@stard', have you seen the top set she's got!
    Nice they are. Very nice.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    So, when I first read it, I burst out laughing. And thought of something to post along the lines of 'anything you can do dear, I can do better'.

But 2 minutes later I am absolutely furious with her, angrier than I have ever been with a doper. Her pregnancy (i remember reading a while back) was a surprise but a welcome one.

So, if she was doping when she conceived, she could have endangered her unborn baby. There are natural levels of EPO in breast milk, so I suspect that a complex defence is being plotted as I type.

But what the hell was this b!tch thinking of? She is a mother, likely she's still breastfeeding, what damage was done to Baby?

Because if she was discovered to have doped knowingly whilst pregnant or breastfeeding, she should also be charged with child abuse.

I'm heading into a rant I think, but winning at the expense of your unborn child/baby's long term health is beyond words.
  • Tusher wrote:
    There are natural levels of EPO in breast milk

...are there really. hmmmn. can one purchase breast milk anywhere?

been feeling a bit, you know, laggy of late.
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    There's absolutely nothing natural about CERA/Mircera - any defence would be about as credible as a vanishing twin. In fact, less credible.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Is it ok if I say; Ricco's woman who is "a person in her own right" has got a great set on her??
    The baby's going to be put to work to improve her power to weight ratio for sure. Too late she's got busted; get down Lidl's and get some Lithuanian milk powder with added artificial additives.
    Nice.

Nobody has given it the "Que Cera, Cera, whatever will be...." I like that one. :?

-Jerry

PS- In case there are any ladies watching; I've spent the afternoon with the Hoover and Washing Machine and I waited in for my Bird to get home from a hard days at work and she complains about my figure TOO!

PPS- Can we assume that we are not dealing with normal people here (Ricco and his "a person in her own right" wifey; they are cyclists!!! after all, Ha! Ha!)

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Tusher wrote:
    So, when I first read it, I burst out laughing. And thought of something to post along the lines of 'anything you can do dear, I can do better'.

But 2 minutes later I am absolutely furious with her, angrier than I have ever been with a doper. Her pregnancy (i remember reading a while back) was a surprise but a welcome one.

So, if she was doping when she conceived, she could have endangered her unborn baby. There are natural levels of EPO in breast milk, so I suspect that a complex defence is being plotted as I type.

But what the hell was this b!tch thinking of? She is a mother, likely she's still breastfeeding, what damage was done to Baby?

Because if she was discovered to have doped knowingly whilst pregnant or breastfeeding, she should also be charged with child abuse.

I'm heading into a rant I think, but winning at the expense of your unborn child/baby's long term health is beyond words.

Her baby was born in July last year and she tested positive on 10 th Jan this year its a big leap to suspect her of taking EPO during pregnancy. . She got caught doping nothing more nothing less i dont really think its on to raise the spectre of child abuse based on what we know so far. Its not the kind of allegation that really should be thrown around in such a loose manner.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

Her baby was born in July last year and she tested positive on 10 th Jan this year its a big leap to suspect her of taking EPO during pregnancy. . She got caught doping nothing more nothing less i dont really think its on to raise the spectre of child abuse based on what we know so far. Its not the kind of allegation that really should be thrown around in such a loose manner.

good effort on the call for moderation and decency, but instead of dismissing this woman in her own right by referring to "her" and "she" I'd be grateful if you could follow the lead of those enlightened posters and ensure you give this woman the credit for being one in her own right too.
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • moray_gub
    VinceEager wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

good effort on the call for moderation and decency, but instead of dismissing this woman in her own right by referring to "her" and "she" I'd be grateful if you could follow the lead of those enlightened posters and ensure you give this woman the credit for being one in her own right too.

So when discussing anyone in this forum we are not allowed to say he or she or him or her ? otherwise we get accused of not giving him/her credit for being awoman/man.................aye em um ok sure :roll:
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    VinceEager wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

So when discussing anyone in this forum we are not allowed to say he or she or him or her ? otherwise we get accused of not giving him/her credit for being awoman/man.................aye em um ok sure :roll:

i dont know about he or him - nobody has really mentioned that yet - its not about giving 'her' or 'she' credit for being a woman, but for being a woman in her own right

otherwise it would just be a story about an infamous cheat's cheating wife, which it isnt.
  • moray_gub
    VinceEager wrote:
    [

i dont know about he or him - nobody has really mentioned that yet - its not about giving 'her' or 'she' credit for being a woman, but for being a woman in her own right

otherwise it would just be a story about an infamous cheat's cheating wife, which it isnt.

Moray Gub

There is nothing in what i posted there to indicate that the story is about anyone other than her...................sorry Vania Rossi...........slipped up there.
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    VinceEager wrote:
    [

Moray Gub

There is nothing in what i posted there to indicate that the story is about anyone other than her...................sorry Vania Rossi...........slipped up there.

i wouldnt worry about it - there was a post earlier in the thread, i was mocking it slightly, it clearly wasnt funny. you have nothing to justify.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Isn't their child one of the rollerskating babies in the new Evian advert? :) The only one that wasn't computer generated. LOL
  • IIRC she was national CX champion the year he got busted and I was kind of suspicious of her then, so I'm not surprised except the timing – that it's happened on the eve of his return. No, wait a sec, this is Italy, land of Machiavellian intrigue...
  • sylvanus
    sylvanus Posts: 1,125
    This thread has been hijacked by hordes of swivel-eyed pc loons who wish to lecture us about morals and manners but don't have the wit or charm themselves to do anything but boss us around and throw insults. They not only make no contribution to an amusing and interesting thread but attack anyone that does. Its smug, self-regarding trolling and really very, very tedious. They are a group of people who will bore us to death about being 'judgemental' but spend their miserable lives judging and condemning others for the words they use.

So to tackle your acid drivel head-on:
    I'm sure what's more depressing the drugs - or the fact that she's being referred to as someone's 'missus' rather than a person in her own right.
    You seem to feel that acknowledging a relationship exists between a man and a woman, somehow diminishes her? We have to differ with you on that. Maleness and femaleness are biological realities which exist entirely because of each other. I am a man; masculinity is part of my identity but it can only exist in relation to women - if women didn't exist then I would, or large part of my body would, be spare parts and much of my identity would be meaningless or superfluous. The same aplies to women. Love and sex are two of the the most important and fundamental drives that shape human society and behaviour and lead us to acts of both complete selflessness and complete stupidity.

Her link to Ricco is fundamental to the interest in this story since it has (we're guessing) fundamentally affected her attitudes and behaviour. The journalist could have written the story as 'Italian cyclo-cross rider you've never heard of tests positive" and we wouldn't be talking about it at all, not because we're prejudiced bigots as you imply but because it ignores vital parts of the story and its background, just it seems as you ignore much of the richness and reality of human life.
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    This is beyond, made me laugh though.....couple of junkies...nice :twisted: More testing for Ricco please!

Oh and +1 to the poster above there really are some people on here that need to get out more rather than concocting their pious delusional didactic judgemental 'holier than thou' BS.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • sylvanus wrote:
    This thread has been hijacked by hordes of swivel-eyed pc loons ...

well done for repeating what i said on the 1st page but in an outraged daily mail manner - this thread is comedy gold
    VinceEager wrote:
    LittleB0b wrote:
    I'm sure what's more depressing the drugs - or the fact that she's being referred to as someone's 'missus' rather than a person in her own right.

if the article was simply that Vania Rossi had been suspended for alleged EPO use it would, for the vast majority of readers, only tell half the story.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    sylvanus wrote:
    This thread has been hijacked by hordes of swivel-eyed pc loons who wish to lecture us about morals and manners but don't have the wit or charm themselves to do anything but boss us around and throw insults. They not only make no contribution to an amusing and interesting thread but attack anyone that does. Its smug, self-regarding trolling and really very, very tedious. They are a group of people who will bore us to death about being 'judgemental' but spend their miserable lives judging and condemning others for the words they use.

So to tackle your acid drivel head-on:
    You seem to feel that acknowledging a relationship exists between a man and a woman, somehow diminishes her? We have to differ with you on that. Maleness and femaleness are biological realities which exist entirely because of each other. I am a man; masculinity is part of my identity but it can only exist in relation to women - if women didn't exist then I would, or large part of my body would, be spare parts and much of my identity would be meaningless or superfluous. The same aplies to women. Love and sex are two of the the most important and fundamental drives that shape human society and behaviour and lead us to acts of both complete selflessness and complete stupidity.

Her link to Ricco is fundamental to the interest in this story since it has (we're guessing) fundamentally affected her attitudes and behaviour. The journalist could have written the story as 'Italian cyclo-cross rider you've never heard of tests positive" and we wouldn't be talking about it at all, not because we're prejudiced bigots as you imply but because it ignores vital parts of the story and its background, just it seems as you ignore much of the richness and reality of human life.

To be fair - I was the one that used the word 'Missus". The story was about Ricco's 'Partner'. I was just making it more "UK-Friendly". :)
  • sylvanus
    sylvanus Posts: 1,125
    I was the one that used the word 'Missus".

...I rather liked your word - both funny and more accurate - the word 'partner' is one of those mealy-mouthed bits of pc americanese we should try to abandon...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,477
    sylvanus wrote:

...I rather liked your word - both funny and more accurate - the word 'partner' is one of those mealy-mouthed bits of pc americanese we should try to abandon...

Get over yourself. :roll:
  • blah blah blah

Where are the pics of her only wearing shorts, thats what i want to know.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    So no she,her etc. Cu@t it is then.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Ricco's new team are concerned about the impact this could have on RCS inviting them to races etc with Ricco onboard.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Riccò in today's Gazzetta dello Sport: "People know that I don't like her racing, let alone make her take stuff. Cycling's not a sport for women - it's too hard".
  • Riccò in today's Gazzetta dello Sport: "People know that I don't like her racing, let alone make her take stuff. Cycling's not a sport for women - it's too hard".

do you think thats why he "helped" her? Allegedly.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Riccò in today's Gazzetta dello Sport: "People know that I don't like her racing, let alone make her take stuff. Cycling's not a sport for women - it's too hard".

Well at least we've established he's not a swivel-eyed PC loon.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    This thread is classic -- I fell off the chair laughing. It has everything that makes forums worth reading -- dim-witted self-righteousness, thoughtfulness, crude sexual innuendo -- everything but a reference to Lance.

So, here it goes: Do you think that Lance may have dated Vania Rossi before Ricco?

I think Lance is responsible for this positive control.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    markwalker wrote:
    blah blah blah

Where are the pics of her only wearing shorts, thats what i want to know.

+1
    cartoon.jpg
  • moray_gub
    sylvanus wrote:
    I was the one that used the word 'Missus".

Missus is the kind of word the Sun/Star would use you know kinda like Gotcha.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Sorry folks, but I'm sticking by my anger at Vania Rossi and I'm sorry if I offended anyone apart from herself and Ricco- it wasn't intended, I was simply wading in because I was enraged. If we had all been sitting in a pub every evening discussing pro cycling instead of sitting at our computers, then I would have been the one who would have harrumphed off to the bar in a strop, been slagged off, but would have bought you all a round of drinks when I'd got there.

I don't think anyone has ever accused me of being PC before. Never mind a reader of The Daily Mail. And I used the term 'child abuse' in the widest sense possibly because increasingly that is how the phrase is being used in health and social work circles.
    And yes, if you listen to everything that high heids yins want us to check in the raising of children, then none of us would have reached adulthood. But a baby is involved here.

I'm disgusted not by the fact that Vania Rossi is a woman who has been found guilty, but because she is the mother of a baby- and according to the link above, she was still breastfeeding, and that raises her alleged doping to a new level.

IF- and I did say IF in my original post- she is found guilty, then I trust the Italian courts will take into account the fact that she could have harmed the health of her baby son.

Right, you lot, my arms are now aching carrying this large try of beers. lagers, whisky and cokes, so if you could all please help yourself............