Ashley Cole - Cock?

2»

Comments

• bails87 wrote:
    I can't remember who it was, but one of the blues (Bham) players a few years ago used to drive around in the battered old Astra he'd had for years. Not as flash as the others in their Ferraris, but he'll have more to live off in his (relative) old age and retirement.
    Or perhaps he'd spent it already on drugs and was in debt to his suppliers.
  • archaeo
    archaeo Posts: 231
    It was Steve Claridge was it not?
    What do you mean I\'m in the wrong gear?
  • archaeo wrote:
    It was Steve Claridge was it not?

Who broke the speed limit in a Peugeot 307 (Willhub was selling one of these iirc) because he needed a wee wee, aaahhh!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 396901.stm
  • archaeo
    archaeo Posts: 231
    Thats the one!!!
    What do you mean I\'m in the wrong gear?
  • "When I heard Jonathan Barnett (player’s agent) repeat the figure of £55K, I nearly swerved off the road."

I think thats quite reasonable but he got pilloried for it. If someone offered me £55k a year let alone a week to play footballl I would probably swerve off the road :shock: .

Over the length of his contract it would have been £1.25m less than he thought had been agreed. Surely that is worth almost swerving off the road?
  • "When I heard Jonathan Barnett (player’s agent) repeat the figure of £55K, I nearly swerved off the road."

I think thats quite reasonable but he got pilloried for it. If someone offered me £55k a year let alone a week to play footballl I would probably swerve off the road :shock: .

Over the length of his contract it would have been £1.25m less than he thought had been agreed. Surely that is worth almost swerving off the road?

I have no idea of how long the contract is/was but for the sake of arguement lets say it was 3 years. 3 Years at £55,000 is £8,580,000

Yep, you are right in defending him :wink: , thats no way near enough.
  • timb64
    timb64 Posts: 248
    Cashley @rseole!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I love how people started calling him 'Cashley'. As if they wouldn't change jobs if they were offered £20,000 (or whatever it was) a week more to do the same job for a different company.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:
    I love how people started calling him 'Cashley'. As if they wouldn't change jobs if they were offered £20,000 (or whatever it was) a week more to do the same job for a different company.

Didn't Arsenal offer him £50k a week but he left them 'cos Chelski offered him £5k a week more? Which in the real world means leaving a really good job for a very similar job for about an extra 20 quid a week.
    Not only is he a money grabbing buffoon who lives in a sham marriage (probably) but he's also one of the most overrated left-backs in football today. He rarely plays a positive ball and he spends most of his time on the pitch sprawled on his ar$e. He's a class 1 numpty.
    (BTW i'm a Spurs fan which may or may not cloud my judgment of him, maybe, possibly.)
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I thought it was more than that. Either way, it's £5k a week, which is a quarter of a million each year. I'd move across town for a 10% pay rise!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • ashley cole a fool ? thats an understatement, mind you mate of john terrys so all tarred with the same brush , if brains were dynamite not enought for a matchbox !!!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • So, while Chelsea are a goal down to Hull City...

The reason John Terry scores so often is that at set pieces he's always lurking there hoping to take advantage of his team-mates' misses.