Muddyfox Milano Hybrid

Rooner
Rooner Posts: 109
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi everyone, new on the site.

Has anyone seen the Muddfox Milano Hybrid 'in the flesh'? Its currently on offer at Argos for £179.99, pretty good as everywhere else is selling it for twice that price. Wondered if it actually was good value or not?

Thanks

Comments

• Rooner
    Magic, exactly what I was looking for, thanks. So some think its OK, some not...ho hum!
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Rooner wrote:
    Magic, exactly what I was looking for, thanks. So some think its OK, some not...ho hum!

They always do no matter what you ask.
  • seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    Been using this bike for commuting for the last 10 days and I've just arrived home, I also asked the original question about the bike on the other thread.

I have been really impressed, the bike is well worth the money. A little setting up and adjustment is required when you build it but it is nothing that a standard bike toolkit cannot deal with.

Tyres at 80psi, saddle rolled forward, 40mph downhill and a good 20mph on the canal towpath the bike is very quick indeed, I estimate it is about 26lbs.

Brakes need a good pull after having hydraulic discs but the ride is surprisingly compliant on all but cobbles.

Gearing means that hills can be a little tough when compared to the MTB I was previously using but after 160 miles there is no doubt is has helped me more in the fitness stakes than the MTB, knocked 5 mins off my commute and kept me clean with its large mudguards.

Only addition will be some ergonomic grips and bar ends.

I'm very pleased with this bike and think it is a great deal for £180.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • Rooner
    Thanks for that seataltea, its good to get an impression from someone who has it. Sounds like a good commuting option, which is all I currently need. Quite tempted now!
  • 40 mph on a bike from Argos? You are rock.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    40 mph on a bike from Argos? You are rock.

Oscar, you are a puzzle, I don't know which country you are from or if you are a Victorian just emerged from suspended animation but you need to go shopping once in a while and explore the modern world.

It may suprise you that large shops sell products from different suppliers, M&S sell sandwiches which does not mean their undies smell of prawns (until worn maybe), Argos sell Apple Ipods yet do not stock Golden Delicious, bizarre I know.

Evans Cyles sell food suppliments and nuts made from metal but not hazel.

The thing is these products often come in boxes which allow the buyer to build or assemble them at home, that's what happened in this case, a word of warning though if you do discover modern shopping, IKEA may blow your mind :shock:
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter