Films about or with Bikes in them ...

colintrav
colintrav Posts: 1,074
edited January 2010 in The Crudcatcher
BMX bandits ..

that one with Kevin costner which I canne mind the name off right now

and there is another about some boys obession about a famous Italian team than eventually come over and take part on a charity road race and the kid takes part ... who eventually is up ended when his Idols put a pump through is front wheel so he wouldn't win the race ..

Any others you name ?

Comments

• Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    american flyers was the costner one...enjoyable because its so shite :D

belleville rendezvous and a sunday in hell are my two favourites
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Kranked...? :wink:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • bradford
    bradford Posts: 195
    american flyers was the costner one...enjoyable because its so shite :D

b
    elleville rendezvous and a sunday in hell are my two favourites

Watched American Flyers the other day. PANTS! :lol::lol:

Cold War issues!! :roll:
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Do you mean real films with bikes in them?

Seasons is quality
  • Transporter 3 has Jason Statham chasing an Audi on a BMX then kicking the driver out of the car while it's still moving (something most of us who commute to work have wanted to do at one time or another I'm sure).
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    colintrav wrote:
    and there is another about some boys obession about a famous Italian team than eventually come over and take part on a charity road race and the kid takes part ... who eventually is up ended when his Idols put a pump through is front wheel so he wouldn't win the race ..
    Breaking Away.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Rad
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I know it's a roadie/track film but the flying scotsman is quite inspirational, saw it on the plane a few years ago, hadn't even heard of it before then.

BMX Bandits was the bomb 8)
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I know it's a roadie/track film but the flying scotsman is quite inspirational, saw it on the plane a few years ago, hadn't even heard of it before then.

BMX Bandits was the bomb 8)

Funny how it was the Aussies that Beat the Americans to a film about BMx's ... even though it was America that created the Phenomena

PJ , Goose .. what was the Nicole kidman's callsign ??
  • Paul 8v
    i remember seeing a mountain bike one advertised in the cinema back in the 90's, can't remember for the life of me what it was

My friend had a BMX Bandits duvet and A team curtains, bearing in mind this was in about 1999 though...
  • How about ET? That's got a classic bike scene in it!
    Lapierre Zesty 514 - 2010
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Paul 8v wrote:
    i remember seeing a mountain bike one advertised in the cinema back in the 90's, can't remember for the life of me what it was

My friend had a BMX Bandits duvet and A team curtains, bearing in mind this was in about 1999 though...

I seem to remember having an A-Team duvet cover......although in my defence...it was the eighties!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Paul 8v
    The Ateam are still great, not so sure about the new line up though, ving rames should have been mr t, murdoch should have been jim carey, george clooney as hannable and maybe matt damon as face.
    Not so sure about liam neeson..