Van hire in Geneva?

spittle
spittle Posts: 44
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Me, the misses, and the bikes are booked flights & are flying to Geneva in June for a week & a half.

Anyone know a good place to hire a van? Not looking for a camper, but something big enough to sleep in with bikes also.

Everywhere I've seen so far is very pricey.

Comments

• mkf
    mkf Posts: 242
    forget it mate. I looked into hire a 6 seater over there for a week, cost where over £600, you aren't gona get it cheap
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I got a hire van in Geneva once...didn't mean it..we had booked a car but ours hadn't been returned yet...all they had left was transit vans...

Think it was sixt. but i am afraid thaqt geneva and pricey are two words that always go together.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • spittle
    spittle Posts: 44
    Hmm, bummer. Oh well, guess we'll be slumming it with a car and a tent.

Thanks for the replies.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Why don't you try the normal car rental companies, most of them operate out of Geneva airport. I go on an annual ski trip which involved flying to Geneva and picking up a hire car for the duration and the overall holiday not that expensive. Admittedly I don't get a breakdown of the cost but when I asked how much extra for a day it was about SFR 50. Why not try, either online or by calling them before giving up?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]