Hope Doctor Bar End Plugs

CXXC
CXXC Posts: 237
edited January 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi there, help needed please!

As a small belated xmas present to myself i purchased these anodised little beauties from Wiggle. Unfortunately the plugs are too narrow in diameter for my MTB handlebars (stock bars that come with Specialized Stumpy FSR Expert 2004) so they don't grip onto the inside of my bars, is there an adaptor/fitting I need to use?

The plugs come with spare fittings but these are even smaller than the ones currently fitted to the plugs. I really can't imagine my handlebars are wider in diameter than standard, am I doing something wrong? It should be such a simple bit of kit to fit :oops:

Does anyone know if the plugs only intended for bar-ends and not handlebars? Does anyone else own these?

I've emailed Wiggle Sales and their reply was "I would suggest that the two sets of rubbers supplied would be to allow the bar ends to be fitted to both standard and oversized bars" which doesn't really help at all as the fittings supplied can't be used in conjunction with each other (i.e. its either or)

Any advice you can give much appreciated

Cheers

www.redlightjump.co.uk

FCN 3 (FCN 4 if I'm carrying clean pants)

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd contact Hope - they are good at sorting stuff like this out.
  • CXXC
    supersonic wrote:
    I'd contact Hope - they are good at sorting stuff like this out.

cheers will do

www.redlightjump.co.uk

• If you just put them in the end of the bars and tighten them it won't work because the rubber isn't gripping the inside of the bars. Tighten the bolts up first so that the rubber squashes up a bit and will grip the bar when you push it in. Bit difficult to describe!
  • CXXC
    mr_mills wrote:
    If you just put them in the end of the bars and tighten them it won't work because the rubber isn't gripping the inside of the bars. Tighten the bolts up first so that the rubber squashes up a bit and will grip the bar when you push it in. Bit difficult to describe!

ahhhhh gotcha :idea: you described it just fine, thanks

www.redlightjump.co.uk