SC 06 RDO Black BMW 1-series - Hit and Run

Roastie
Roastie Posts: 1,968
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
Just witnessed the driver of the abovementioned BMW left hook a lady on Battersea Park Rd, and then flee the scene - even when I tried to get him to stop.

She has my details and I hope she reports it, I will gladly be witness and get this ars*wipe nailed. :evil:

The cowardice makes me so angry.

Comments

• Roastie
    Reg number check has it as a 116i. Figures. :roll:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Call the police yourself and report it, now! How does that driver know they haven't killed or seriously harmed someone, plus leaving the scene.

Very bad show
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Roastie
    Don't know why I didn't think of that. QED.
  • ohlala!
    ohlala! Posts: 121
    I shall be on the look out for the BMW.. usually they wont drive around the area for a couple of days, but I'll be riding round battersea anyways. Can you give me more details about the car's appearance please.
  • ohlala!
    ohlala! Posts: 121
    oh and did you get a visual on the driver?
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    Once the Police is informed, all units should be able to identify the vehicle automatically using the number plate recognition cameras on board.
    Well done for posting here! :-)
  • teticio
    teticio Posts: 107
    i'm not sure the police will buy the story: is it really possible for a 1.6
    to be able to muster enough power to overtake a cyclist?
  • Roastie
    She texted me last night to let me know that she got home OK and that she'd also reported it. I hope this dude is going DOOOWWWWWNNN!
    ohlala! wrote:
    oh and did you get a visual on the driver?
    Black BMW 1-Series. Sadly I didn't clock the driver - reflections off the windscreen.
    teticio wrote:
    i'm not sure the police will buy the story: is it really possible for a 1.6
    to be able to muster enough power to overtake a cyclist?
    But you see, the 116i didn't actually overtake - left hooked the cyclist because it was still next to the cyclist & couldn't get clear ...
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Can't help noticing the reg contains SCR and then DO - Drive off? :?

Hope you bring the bu99er to justice
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Roastie, did you make a call to the rozzers about this?
    Excellent stuff, getting the whole registration - whenever I am wronged on the road I usually get too preoccupied with swearing at the car to do anything measured.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Roastie, I hope you reported it to the police.

I hope the police actually follow it up.

Hope the c*nt goes down.

I'm surprised tehy weren't stopped by the many traffic lights in the area.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Roastie
    Yep, I made the call - so did she.

DDD: The dude sped off up my street (after near running me down when I tried to stop him) which, apart fom being a 20 zone, has no traffiic lights. In fact, it is aroute that many people use to avoid the lights on the main road. If I'd had half a chance I would have run after him.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Fair do's I don't doubt that you didn't try to stop the person and the fact is you shouldn't have needed to try. They should have stopped.

Chapeau, for keeping your head though.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Ohh, he's soooo in the sh1t ! :D
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Witnesses make all the difference.

I was punched off my bike, after the guy tried to run me over. There was a witness but he didn't want to come forward for reasons I wasn't given.

The case therefore was dropped, after the assaulter denied it.

He must have got the fright of his life when the police called him in for questioning though - he was as guilty as sin!
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Good on you Roastie for keeping your head! 8) Hopefully he will s*** himself when/if* the Police turn up

(*obvious caveat)
  • Roastie
    Update:
    I got a call from the Met this past Friday, they have asked me to fill in a witness statement - which I posted off this afternoon.

So it seems that this hasn't been relegated to file 13 and that something might actually be done. I'll post updates as they come.
  • Well done fella!!!

Absolutely the right thing to do and frankly brave of you to give chase.

Hope he gets what he deserves.
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Roastie
    edited September 2010
    Update: The Met have been in touch and I have been politely requested to give evidence in court in a few months from now. :)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Will they be paying your train fare/accommodation?
  • Roastie
    I bleeding well hope so!

But then again, given my presently tumultuous and unpredictable existence - I might be living back in London again ...
  • Cycle this road everyday. Will keep my eyes peeled for this f*cktard.

Good work Roastie.
  • Roastie wrote:
    Update:
    I got a call from the Met this past Friday, they have asked me to fill in a witness statement - which I posted off this afternoon.

So it seems that this hasn't been relegated to file 13 and that something might actually be done. I'll post updates as they come.

Good stuff and please do :)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Well done fella!

Hope the laydee is okay too.
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    The Courts do cover your costs, but Ican't remember if they give you the forms on the day, or if they post them to you prior to the event.

More importantly well done for firstly keeping cool and getting the number, and then going to court.
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    Have no spaces in the number plate and it appears better in search results on google ;)
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    rf6 wrote:
    The Courts do cover your costs, but Ican't remember if they give you the forms on the day, or if they post them to you prior to the event.

More importantly well done for firstly keeping cool and getting the number, and then going to court.

When I was a witness last year I got the forms in advance - and got paid very promptly for my expenses too.

Let us know how you get on.
  • BenS999
    BenS999 Posts: 202
    Well done Roastie - I'm looking forward to hearing the outcome of this!
    Hopefully a decent length driving ban or time for the feckwit. All too often these muppets end up with a slap on the wrist which essentially tells them its ok.

If I had it my way they would burn at the stake! :twisted:
    2011 Orange Five Pro
    On-One Pompetamine Alfine Comp
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    BenS999 wrote:
    Hopefully a decent length driving ban or time for the feckwit.

Whoa now, easy! Its not like he killed someone! </sarcasm>

Well done for reporting it Roastie, would be interested to know the outcome.