Lapierre Zesty - What tyres do you recommend?

wordy1979
wordy1979 Posts: 96
edited January 2010 in MTB buying advice
Opinions on tyre choice for Lapierre Zesty. I normally do trail centers up 7 stanes, I like going up but going down is where I get my thrills. Ive been looking at Kenda nevs 2.35, Maxxis High rollers, Hutchinson Barracuda and the Conti Rubber Queens 2.2 ust. Its a mine field to pick tyres any advise please. :lol:
YOU ONLY GET ONE LIFE. . . . LIVE IT!

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    I used to run a maxxis HR or Advantage on the front and a Kenda SB8 on the back for less resistance.
    I now have Nevs F+R on my new bike. Preferred the combo I had on previous bike though.
    Oh - and I mainly ride trail centres too.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Rubber queens are brilliant. Doubt if I'll ever use another tyre for trail riding.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    didnt you ask this the other day :roll:
  • Yeah, but wanted some more feed back im greedy LOL.
  • Real Man what bike do you have?
  • RealMan Yeah ive also heard the Rubber Queens are great. What bike do u have them on? They are so supposed to be massive for a 2.2?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    For the love of god, don't post another pic of it...
  • podgeorge
    podgeorge Posts: 188
    supersonic wrote:
    For the love of god, don't post another pic of it...

ROFL......... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    2.35 kevlar minion dhf maxxpro up front and a 2.35 kevlar larsen tt at the rear.

come in at under 700g each and roll fast.

larsen might be a bit too dry weather specific though if the going gets too muddy.
  • timmys
    timmys Posts: 191
    For what it's worth I have 2.2 UST Rubber Queens on my Zesty. I haven't tried any others though so can't really say how they compare. The 2.2's are pretty big but not ridiculous, not sure if I'd want to go for the 2.4's though! Click on the link in my sig if you want to see what they look like on a Zesty.
  • timmys
    i think they look spot on. Do you find them a lot better than the mountain kings? Is that a KS i900 seat you have there?
  • Phonk7
    Phonk7 Posts: 178
    Highrollers i would say, most durable of the bunch much more grip and quite light
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    A mate uses Maxxis Advantage front and rear on his Zesty and loves them
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    Specialized eskar 2.3? i haven't used them, but they get great reviews and i use the spesh the captain, which is similar, just a bit thinner (2.2). The specialized dual compond is good too- on the eskar it's 65/55a shoulder
  • timmys
    timmys Posts: 191
    wordy1979 wrote:
    timmys
    i think they look spot on. Do you find them a lot better than the mountain kings? Is that a KS i900 seat you have there?

The '09 came with Race Kings front and rear so I haven't used a Mountain King.

Yes it is an i900. It's been perfect so far in terms of operation and lateral play. It hasn't had to live through much dirt and grime yet though as it's only been out in the wet two or three times.