Mmmmm....

MuddyFunster
MuddyFunster Posts: 85
edited January 2010 in MTB general
...merino!

Out for the first ride of 2010 last night. Still some hard packed snow lurking on the trails, it was bloody freezing and there was a sleety shower or two for good measure. But I am well impressed with the new merino wool base layer that Santa left under the tree. Toasty warm and it did some magic with the buckets of sweat that I can produce under a gore tex shell. Never felt cold or clammy at all, even after taking the camelbak off and putting it back on again, which is usually a fairly unpleasant experience for a few seconds. Luverly. Believe the hype!
Only one complaint - the skin tight cut isn't very flattering, so this'll never be the only layer I wear on the trail...

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    +1

So impressed with my Baa Baa base layer I bought another one. As above, the absence of claminess makes it very appealing if like me you sweat like a Geordie in a maths test. Take it off after 5 days biking and it smells of...wool :D
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    +1

Another Baa Baa base layer lover, They are great to wear on long trips as well as the manage "sweat issues" better than anything else
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • my SealSkinz ultragrip gloves werepretty good too. Not coincidentally, I believe them to have a lining that's at least partly merino. Bring on the inclement weather!!!
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    another merio fan here...

i like the close cut fit and wear it as my only layer during summer.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • agreed, baa baa is the dogs. End of.