couple of newbie clothing and light queries

tozi1
tozi1 Posts: 119
edited January 2010 in Road beginners
My srms get cold so I treated myself to a pair of lovely roubaix warmers which i wear under a gore wind stop jacket,with a base layer and jersey my body is warm as toast,but my arms are still cold-am i expecting too much from the warmers?,I don't want a heavier jacket as I'm already warm enough .
I also wondered if anyone had mounted a Petzl myo xp on a helmet-can't figure out what accessory I need!. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• May not be what your after, but I wear a light fleece over my main layers, which is light enough to avoid getting sweaty, but very effective at keeping the wind off of my arms and neck.

Just need to find a way to stop my hands going numb from the cold and ill be set =D
    exercise.png
  • tozi1
    Thanks Matt-I might try a long sleeve base layer,the wind stop shell i use is great at keeping the chill off the body-as i say,just the arms-might have to end up living with it.As a matter of interest re. your hands,I use silk glove liners in my regular gloves,and it's the perfect solution-not too hot and you keep the "feel"-cheap too at around £9.00-evidently skiiers use them.cheers
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I got a long sleeved merino wool baselayer for £20 from TK Maxx. Brilliant.

I ride in the evenings, so at the moment that's 2-4c temp -wise. I wear the base layer, a long sleeved top and a windproof shell. Bit sweaty on the climbs, but on the flat / downhill it's perfect.
  • tozi1
    Thats really helpfull keef-thanks
  • Thx for the glove info.. atm im using some cheap fingerless gloves from Halfords over some crappy wool jobbies from somewhere my wife shops.. hardly the cutting edge of hand warmth technology!
    exercise.png