So what Albums are forumites Currently enjoying?

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Andy_B wrote:
    I'm mostly listening to Vampire Weekend's Contra at the mo, damn good album.

Whats that? 12 songs that all sound the same? :P
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Andy wrote:
    Andy_B wrote:

Whats that? 12 songs that all sound the same? :P
    Now you're just getting confused with some Disney style X factor wannabe's aren't you, rather than real musicians who can actually play their own instruments :P
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Liquid Swords - GZA
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Andy_B wrote:

Good shout, prefer the first album though,
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    just giving the alicia keys album a first run through, its quite easy listening and less harsh than her previos stuff, i like it so far.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Beastie Boys: Solid Gold Hits is my current choice to bomb around the streets of Brum on my play bike.
    2015 Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    2014 Canyon Ultimate Al
    2008 Kona Stinky
    2000 Specialized P3
  • Paulo Nutini - Sunny side up and enter the 36 chambers - Wu tang (this one is a bit of a constant really)
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I've had the latest from Manic Street Preachers on my pod player since last November. It's excellent. A real return to form imo.

And I've just put a collection of david bowie's early Deram stuff on there - most of it is pretty corny but makes me smile - London boys, Rubber Band, Have You Ever Had A Dream? etc.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Porgy wrote:
    I've had the latest from Manic Street Preachers on my pod player since last November. It's excellent. A real return to form imo.

And I've just put a collection of david bowie's early Deram stuff on there - most of it is pretty corny but makes me smile - London boys, Rubber Band, Have You Ever Had A Dream? etc.

i used to really like them, im off to find a download of their early albums, cheers, i very nearly gave up trying to find good music suggestions on this thread. :lol:
  • Porgy
    This week I've decided to mainly have another go at Trout Mask Replica - the only Captain Beefheart album I've struggled with. Bought it about 4 years ago and have listened to it about twice.
  • The Queen Is Dead - The Smiths FTW!
    My Bikes And Me
    A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.
  • trekhead
    trekhead Posts: 626
    ROLLBACK - Horslips
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja
  • VWsurfbum
    Just orderd the new courteeners and the new groove armada ones, i will let you all know tomorrow what i think.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    My Winter Storm - Tarja
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • VWsurfbum
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    Just orderd the new courteeners and the new groove armada ones, i will let you all know tomorrow what i think.

If anyones interested,
    the new courteeners album sounds like its being sang by the guy from white lies, its ok, nothing special i dindt think? (doesnt deserve the rave reviews its getting)
    Groove Armada, well if you like your 80's techno electronica, this is for you. there is some fantastic tracks on there, there is some pony ones.

that is all.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Enter-Shikari-Take-To-The-Skies-392759.jpg

Enter Shikari - Take to the Skies
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    are they the shouty band?
  • Porgy
    today I am mainly listening to Shleep by Robert wyatt.
  • edward the great - iron maidens greatest hits
    if i had my time again would i take the time to make the right choices

naa thats no fun
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    What albums?
    My own! (Although I find you can't really get excited about your own productions in the same way, as discovering someone else's! You 'know' your own too well...)

KK.
  • Andy
    Wait, What?
  • VWsurfbum
    KonaKurt wrote:
    What albums?
    My own! (Although I find you can't really get excited about your own productions in the same way, as discovering someone else's! You 'know' your own too well...)

KK.
    what kind of music you making?
    or are you KonaKurtCobaine?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • OwenBird
    OwenBird Posts: 210
    Total Brutal and Double Brutal by Austrian Death Machine.

ADM are a side project of some legitimate metallers in california, making Arnie themed songs using samples from his films as starting points. It's actually really listenable, and good fun metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPIO86jTrQQ
    SOLD!
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    KonaKurt wrote:
    What albums?

KK.

KonaKurtis Stigers
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power. Can't beat it.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    KonaKurt wrote:
    What albums?

KK.

KonaKurtis Stigers
    LOL :lol:

i'm just listening to the new Gorillaz, Weird very weird
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    VWsurf - I think we have similarish tastes in music.

Last two Groove Armada albums disappointed me but loved the earlier stuff. Gorillaz just too weird to consider buying?

Into a lot of Dubstep now but love stuff like Kruder and Dorfmeister, Thievery Corporation, etc as well as some more mainstream stuff.
  • VWsurfbum
    it doesnt help that i was listening to the album on my iphone, and i used the recently uploaded selection, so it was mixing gorrilaz in with the courteenas! Doh!

I was looking into what new music to get yesterday but i ended up lobbing on for some VA R'n'B thing, not listened to it yet but if its kak i wont even upload it to listen to at work.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    KonaKurt wrote:
    What albums?

KK.

Hehe VW, Cobain??! Not likely!

I am one of the UK's original Trance/House/Ambient artists! Eighteen years (on and off) and still going (fairly) strong! Particularly in central europe! My brand new monster synth is due any day now in fact, so have plenty of studio work to get on with..!

KK.
  • Andy
    LOL