Which £500+ Hardtrail

Baggyman
Baggyman Posts: 47
edited January 2010 in MTB buying advice
Following on from my posting the other day reguarding the Merlin Malt 1 Ltd Edition, & from what Supersonic & Batfink82 adviced & reading various treads on this site. Which of these bike offer the best value as a overall package?

1 Carrea Fury 09, with sram x5 groupset, avid juicy 3 brakes & suntour epicon forks @£549
2 Boardman sport, wiuth sram x5 groupset, tektro auriga comp brakes & RS Dart3 forks @£549
3 Merlin Malt1 Ltd Edition with Deore groupset & RS tora sl folks @ £499

I read all the reviews on these bikes & demo'd the first 2, & hoping to demo the third in the next week or so. The only bad thing I've read about these bikes is the quality of the assemberly / set up of the fury is a bit hit & miss through halford.
Any thoughts & suggestion please.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    The malt. I'd save and get an slx one though
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Also search the recent threads, these bikes have been mentioned a lot lately.
  • Took a trip down to Merlin the other nite to have a look @ the Malt1. Very impressed with it & the spec. Decided not to go with the Ltd Edition verson. As the standard verson is on offer at the moment for £585 with Rockshock Tora forks and there own handbuilt wheels. Just got to wait for them to build it and decide which pedals to get. :D