Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• whitebait01
    whitebait01 Posts: 610
    willy b wrote:
    Oakleys arrived, got to say i'm impressed, and they feel nice.
    d7c0565a.jpg

So mine have arrived and whereas the arms on yours seem to sit flat on the table, one of mine's lower than the other... Bit disappointed but can't complain I s'pose. They'll stick do the trick, they'll just be slightly wonky. Unless I can work out how to bend plastic. :| If anyone's got a straight pair and wonky ears, I'd be more than happy to swap. :shock:
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    That's a shame! they do sqeek a bit when you bend them, so maybe don't try too hard :lol:

I'm tempted to wear them on the way home, but might be a bit much for the commute :lol:
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    willy b wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:
    pete54 wrote:
    BTW, those High Five bottles at Probikekit are pretty horrible, with hard plastic nozzles.

Can't really beat the SIS bottles IMO.

Totally agree with that! I always buy a new one at the 24hr races, when you get free refills all race :lol:

SiS were giving 2 bottles away at London Revolution this weekend plus all the gels, energy bars, electrolyte, etc. at the start and end of each day and the pit stops. There was so much they were struggling to give it away at the end. Somehow I seem to have acquired enough to stock a small shop :lol:
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    willy b wrote:
    Oakleys arrived, got to say i'm impressed, and they feel nice.
    d7c0565a.jpg

So mine have arrived and whereas the arms on yours seem to sit flat on the table, one of mine's lower than the other... Bit disappointed but can't complain I s'pose. They'll stick do the trick, they'll just be slightly wonky. Unless I can work out how to bend plastic. :| If anyone's got a straight pair and wonky ears, I'd be more than happy to swap. :shock:
    @Willy b: Nice
    @Whitebait 01: Shame

Mine are now Seal Sealing in Shanghai so will hopefully be here soon.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    I can't quite believe how they can get away with it! Even says made in USA, and Jawbone on the inside!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    It looks like they have been removed from the website as the link no longer works. So maybe they can't.

I'm thinking of getting a new pair of glasses but £100 for the proper ones seems just a bit steep.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    It happens because the Chinese Gov't lets it happen!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • whitebait01
    Wrath Rob wrote:

I know, I am disappoint.

If it's any use, my tracking info didn't change after telling me it was seal sealing. Just turned up.
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Wrath Rob wrote:

I know, I am disappoint.

If it's any use, my tracking info didn't change after telling me it was seal sealing. Just turned up.
    OK, the seal sealed on Friday. How long did it take after that?
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • whitebait01
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:

I know, I am disappoint.

OK, the seal sealed on Friday. How long did it take after that?

Seal sealed on 14/05. Turned up 21/05. RMAed as soon as I take a pic of the wonkyness. I wonder if they'll make me post 'em back or just chuck another pair in the post for me?
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • MarksMintness
    MarksMintness Posts: 484
    Saw this set in my local Costco for under £40, all looks decent stuff:
    7248521666_e76a097f5c_z.jpg
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • whitebait01
    So has anyone's Vermarc jersey shipped yet? No word from 'em on mine (ordered on Friday morning). At £6.50 for shipping and handling I'd expect it to have turned up Monday... :(
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    quick delivery from vermarc???

not a chance!
  • whitebait01
    spasypaddy wrote:
    quick delivery from vermarc???

not a chance!

Balls! I've got nowt but long sleeve jerseys. Looks like I'll be continuing to sweat like a geordie in a maths test for the foreseeable future then...
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • whitebait01
    I take back everything I said about Vermarc. My jersey arrived today with an accompanying note saying that they'd run out of XL but had enclosed a 2XL jersey as the jerseys were quite tight, if it didn't fit - send it back for a full refund. Tried it on and it fits like a glove and feels high quality. As a bonus, they also included an AG2R cap and mitts for free! :)

Might have to get the bibs just to round off the collection...
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I take back everything I said about Vermarc. My jersey arrived today with an accompanying note saying that they'd run out of XL but had enclosed a 2XL jersey as the jerseys were quite tight, if it didn't fit - send it back for a full refund. Tried it on and it fits like a glove and feels high quality. As a bonus, they also included an AG2R cap and mitts for free! :)

Same here, except that I got a Quick Step cap. Was feeling very smug until I read that you also got mitts! :-)
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    CRC are selling 105 SPD-SL's for £35
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Tricycleboy
    Tricycleboy Posts: 373

i see your £35 and raise you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-PD-57 ... 43afe181dd

absolute cycles on ebay are doing them for &29.35. bargain

just bought the GF some cheap cleats from them too
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890

i see your £35 and raise you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-PD-57 ... 43afe181dd

absolute cycles on ebay are doing them for &29.35. bargain

just bought the GF some cheap cleats from them too

"PLEASE NOTE THESE PEDALS ARE SUPPLIED WITHOUT CLEATS" <-- not me shouting, that's a copy and paste.

The ones from CRC include cleats, ergo, they're cheaper if you also need cleats :)
  • whitebait01
    TGOTB wrote:

Same here, except that I got a Quick Step cap. Was feeling very smug until I read that you also got mitts! :-)

What do you reckon with regards to bib size? I'm an XXL for Biemme and Campag bibs, anyone know how these ones compare? I'm 6'6" but not particularly fat...
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    TGOTB wrote:

What do you reckon with regards to bib size? I'm an XXL for Biemme and Campag bibs, anyone know how these ones compare? I'm 6'6" but not particularly fat...
    Don't know about bibs, but for jerseys the XL is a fairly similar fit to a Campag XL (tiny bit more snug than Nalini XL)
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Posted on Cake Stop - Keo Blades for £85 in the CRC sale (use the SALE voucher code) - 12Nm only. I couldn't resist! :lol:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=57787

57787.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    They come out as £94.99 for me now.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Royles daily deal thru Bikeradar is 20% off everything, meaning Zipp 404 clichers at £1040 and Cervelo S3 Ltd or S5 frames at about £1950. Tempting, but I'm about 90% short on the cash for both :(
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    the firecrest are out of stock and they dont sell enve
  • rolf_f
    Asprilla wrote:
    They come out as £94.99 for me now.

They've gone up to the same price as the 16Nm ones. That's a bummer. Hope my order went through properly as it will have gone to home address....
  • godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    DHB pace roubaix bib shorts for £21.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-pace-roubai ... s/?pr=1054

Too warm for the current weather but ideal for the other 50 weeks of the year ;)
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    edited May 2012
    Ordered a pair of dhb mtb shoes for £29.99 (old stock, size 47 only) Thursday evening. Arrived 09.00 today! and that with normal (free ) postage :D

On the other hand, no cleats, just some weird rugby boot style studs :? So off to LBS for SPD cleats, £19.99 :(

On the other hand it is a very good LBS which has sorted out some tricky problems on my bikes and I do want them to stay in business....... but...... sigh.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • rolf_f
    On the other hand, no cleats, just some weird rugby boot style studs :? So off to LBS for SPD cleats, £19.99 :(

That's how much cleats should be with a pair of M520 pedals thrown in........