How good was Santa to you?

gregster10217
gregster10217 Posts: 469
edited January 2010 in Road beginners
Had asked the wife for some clothing bits for Christmas, and thanks to my LBS (she had no idea and just asked them to stock her up!) I got some Altura bib tights, a Spesh base layer, some Spesh thermal socks and a cosy hat thingy for under my helmet (skull cap or something!?)
Just need my cold to disappear and the weather to improve slightly before I get to try them all, but the look on my 2 1/2 year olds face when I tried on the bib tights was a picture, accompanied by "Daddy, WHAT are you doing?" Had me laughing for hours.

SO? What did Santa bring to all you guys and girls? Did he get it right?
Limited Edition Boardman Team Carbon No. 448
Boardman MTB Team

Comments

• mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    a dvd, money for new bike and 2 jars of pickled eggs. not bad i think :)
  • OOH, pickled eggs - nice
    Limited Edition Boardman Team Carbon No. 448
    Boardman MTB Team
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I asked for cash, ended up with nearly £300. It's all gone now though.

Gore Path jacket, gore tex gloves, endura baa baa socks, met sine thesis helmet, giordana bibtights and a C+ subscription with a free windproof jacket and skull cap.

Lovely, can't wait til next year :lol:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • wife got me a nice blue and white spesh long sleeved jersey ( matches my summer bike) and new pro tarmac overshoes...chuffed!!!
  • combined Christmas with me birthday (28 Dec) and got a Lapierre S Lite 200 off the missus and 400 quid from family

like a kid in a bike shop
  • I got colon hydrotherapy! Can you believe they do gift certificates for that?
    Had it done today :shock:
    Let's hope that sets me up for the new season.
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    I got colon hydrotherapy!

sounds a load of old crap to me. :lol: or was it a bit of a wash out :lol: i could just keep going.

I got new trek 1.7 2009 in the sales.
    new warm kit for winter.

so well chuffed.... and only 7 days to my birthday.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Enough money for me to order my Gigantex 50mm rims on Novatec Lite hubs for this coming season. Several jars of nice honey and a large tube of Jelly Belly beans, yum yum! Oh and a nice book, Tour Climbs as well as my C+ sub.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Socks.

So I bought a new bike for myself to compensate.
  • Socks, pearl iz cyclone gloves, an extra Knog light for my bars and a zipp carbon cage.
  • RyanB
    RyanB Posts: 116
    Rapha merino baselayer bundle and classic jersey bundle. Now just need some weather.
  • cathald
    cathald Posts: 105
    Took the wife out to my lbs and told the owner she was out to get me my crimbo pressy
    He took a new carbon felt bike down of the rack but it soon went back up when she heard the price.
    I came away with a €300 voucher and a set of crud road racers
  • 3T ARX Team stem and Chris King bottom bracket 8)
    No sign of the Arundel cages that was on my list however, I'm having to send her over to the US to pick me up a couple in a few weeks time :wink:

mkirby - Stakeford eh? do you get out much??
    :wink:
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    LardLover wrote:
    3T ARX Team stem and Chris King bottom bracket 8)
    No sign of the Arundel cages that was on my list however, I'm having to send her over to the US to pick me up a couple in a few weeks time :wink:

mkirby - Stakeford eh? do you get out much??

Not recently, usually found riding up by Rothbury. I try to get out with the Wansbeck lot on a sunday but only managed it once so far. Are you local?
  • ScottieP
    ScottieP Posts: 599
    A pair of new Vittoria Open Pave tyres (the 320tpi ones), an Endura BaaBaa under the helmet hat, some new Endura overshoes. .... and a few other non-cycling related bits and pieces. Looking forward to getting out on the new tyres in Jan - got work to get done first and the weather's pants again.

ScottieP
    My cycling blog: http://girodilento.com/
  • Few bottles of Malt, Electric Razor (So fancy im sure its a puzzle as well), Mad Men DVD's! and bike wise the carbon Thoork saddle and some DHB Bib tights

Not too bad all and all, couldn't be too callus with money as just paid deposit on my house (booooo)
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Not much bike orientated stuff but I did very well, again. I well and truely scored in the whisky department. Two bottles of Royal Lochnagar, a bottle each of Laphroaig, Talisker and Singleton, money, Generation Kill and a few other DVDs, some Licher wheat beer, a couple of lovely books and I topped up some of the grand parents money and treated myself to a Castelli Mannaggia windproof jacket. Also have a belated surprise coming. Having commented over christmas lunch that I fancied putting some of my money towards a new watch I was told there's one on the way to me and not to buy one just yet. It could be a £10 Casio mind and I suspect it isn't a Breitling.
  • After making it clear i wear small size cycle tops i recieved a long sleeved winter jersey and a hi-viz gillet(both size med)lol

Also socks, but hey it aint about the presents..............................................It's about how quick you can blow a months wages down the pub (very quickly) :oops: :roll: :wink:
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Endura Baa Baa socks
    Lots of carb gels and bars etc
    Muck Off pack
    A new buff that matches my kit
    Camelback (from girls in office)

A couple of PC games
    A couple of Blu-ray Discs
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • Assos 851 Jkt
    Catlike Whisper
    a Buff
    Farscape Season 1 DVD set
    Pandoras Box for the DS

a few others bit and bobs
  • Slimbods
    Slimbods Posts: 321
    Forerunner 305, chuffed!
  • Got the Cav autobiography, some aero brake levers and a 3t stem for my new TT rig.

And I got a nice bonus from work which meant I could give Derek @ Wheelsmith a call :lol:
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Tacx iMagic and permission to turn the attic into my turbo / training room - woooohooo! My plan by the end of NYD is to have the whole attic kitted out with my spare PC, turbo, spare stereo, weights and rowing machine.

WHEEEE!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    themightyw wrote:
    WHEEEE!
    The sound you make as you come crashing through the ceiling? :lol:

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    themightyw wrote:
    Tacx iMagic and permission to turn the attic into my turbo / training room - woooohooo! My plan by the end of NYD is to have the whole attic kitted out with my spare PC, turbo, spare stereo, weights and rowing machine.

WHEEEE!

I hope you've strengthened your joists :shock:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • hopper1 wrote:
    themightyw wrote:
    Tacx iMagic and permission to turn the attic into my turbo / training room - woooohooo! My plan by the end of NYD is to have the whole attic kitted out with my spare PC, turbo, spare stereo, weights and rowing machine.

WHEEEE!

I hope you've strengthened your joists :shock:

It's all properly floorboarded and carpeted up there, with the floorboards spreading the load over the beams - still bloody freezing, though. I assumed it would be strong enough to support a turbo and a small rowing machine. You've got me worried now though...
  • Bit jealous of Lagavulin "Two bottles of Royal Lochnagar, a bottle each of Laphroaig, Talisker and Singleton" - I only managed two bottles of Glenfiddich PLUS a Team Carbon (not Limited Edition unfortunately!) @ 10% off so £900 as it was ordered on Christmas Day (Halfords did 10% off if you ordered on line for that day only - mine was ordered at 08:30 am...) which left me £100 for a new helmet, track pump & saddle bag from the balance of my C2W voucher. Had to then spend £60 on some Ultegra pedals...wife said "a bike without pedals - bit like a car with no engine" so that took a little explaining :roll: Still never mind, picked it up Boxing Day, pedals arrived yesterday so now just need some decent weather!!! :D
  • floosy
    floosy Posts: 270
    Redundancy..... well chuffed....

lots of time to train now...

cant grumble really..... was only supposed to be 6month contract...... that was nearly 3 years ago..

so back to being a house husband.. :)

Dave.
  • Wulz
    Wulz Posts: 100
    My very lovely girlfriend got me......

Endura thermal skull cap
    Endura overshoes
    Protective fleece jacket
    A set of blades with three sets of lenses
    micro multitool
    Bontrager carbon bottle cage and bottle
    Protective winter gloves
    Call of duty MW2
    very nice dune casual shoes.

I think i did quite well..being into road bikes makes it very easy to get xmas stuff for you, a bit like golf :D

Happy New when it comes

Willie
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    Got a workstand, bibshorts and a wee late bonus of Zipp carbon bars/stem - delighted :D
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum