Help! Best winter gloves!?

ashleymp777
ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
edited December 2009 in MTB buying advice
I desperately need some very good gloves for the winter and I'm looking at the Endura Strike.

Does anyone own a pair? Are they any good?

Any other alternatives!?

Help is much appreciated!

Ash

Comments

• hi i was after some endura strike but my local bike shop had sold out,so i bought some endura seal skin gloves wind and waterproof im happy with them.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Fox Antifreeze 2010. £35 so not cheap but worth every penny IMO. I've become a fanboy :lol: They're warm, they're adaptable (with a removable inner so you can run the full glove for real cold, or just the outer for less cold weather). Tested mine down to well below zero, I did get slightly cold thumbs but then, I also had ice forming on my shorts so I think I'll forgive them ;) Best bit is, though they're thick they've still got good feel, they just feel like thick, regular gloves. Nice Pittards palm for grip frinstance and they feel protective.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Sealskins Merinos at £7 under other loose fit gloves works well---just don`t wash the sealskins though as they shrink shrink shrink....
  • Barrie_G
    Barrie_G Posts: 479
    The thickest snug fitting neoprene gloves that your local fishing tackle shop stocks, look for a minimum 3mm though preferably 5mm :wink:
  • vmgscot
    vmgscot Posts: 120
    Been using the old Specilaized Radiant gloves for couple years and they work OK in cold weather. Saw them on offer somewhere for £20 sale price. One tip with these is warm them up before heading out in minus temps and they stay warm from the off.

If they have been sitting in the back of the van cold then they take a while to get up to temp....
    vmgscot
  • Ive just bought a pair of sealskinz to use for commuting and i must say they are worth all the money i payed for them and is nice to stay warm and dry by the time i get to work!
    2007 SPECIALIZED FSR XC COMP - sold
    2008 CANNONDALE F6 - CUSTOM BUILD - sold
    2008 TREK EX 9.5 - sold
    2010 SPECIALIZED ALLEZ ELITE
    2011 On One 456
    more coming soon!
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    +1 for Specialized BG Gloves, I have the sub-zeros and they are great in the freezing temps.
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0