A comfortable MTB for £1000

dangee
dangee Posts: 3
edited December 2009 in MTB buying advice
I currently use a hybrid (Raleigh Urban 4), but I basically bought the wrong bike. I thought I’d use it on the roads, but I spend most of the time in the woods or on trails with hills and lots of loose gravel. I’ve put more of a cross country style tyre on the bike, but it’s still a bit hairy, especially at this time of year.

I did buy an entry level mountain bike over the summer but found it uncomfortable…I have a weak lower back and the frame seemed lower then the hybrid, which meant the seat post went higher and (as the handlebars were fixed) I was bent over far more than on the hybrid.

So, I need a mountain bike (probably hard tail to get better value for money) but I want to be able to have it set-up in a more comfortable hybrid-like way.

I have £1000 to spend (as part of the bike to work scheme) but can only use Evans or Halfords. I’ve done a bit of searching through the forum and it seems there’s a lot of love for the Boardman pro and I was wondering if that would suit my needs or if anything else would be more appropriate.

Thanks,

Dan

Comments