football .......

lawman
lawman Posts: 6,868
edited December 2009 in The Crudcatcher
just like to say well done to peterborough united, came from 4 - 0 down to draw 4 - 4 up the posh :D any cardiff fans out there???? :lol:

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I thought you lived in Lichfield?
  • lawman
    nah nuneaton, but all my family is from around there :) been goin since i was a kid, t;has been a good few years back to back promotions, but's its been tough this year, nice to see a good result and lts of goals :D altho i dare see there will another 8 goals when we totenham next week in the cup :lol:
  • Andy
    lawman wrote:
    nah nuneaton

Ah I'm sorry to hear that.
  • lawman
    yer its abit grim tbh but oh well :lol:
  • Andy
    :P
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    lawman wrote:
    just like to say well done to peterborough united, came from 4 - 0 down to draw 4 - 4 up the posh :D any cardiff fans out there???? :lol:

Not many teams can do that not even the big teams ....

Speak volumes of the players that are playin for the jersey and have the character
  • lawman
    colintrav wrote:
    lawman wrote:

Not many teams can do that not even the big teams ....

Speak volumes of the players that are playin for the jersey and have the character

yer i agree. last season if we went 1 0r 2 down you knew we could pull it back, but ive not seen that all this season, just shows what can be done when you give it 110%. i think our managers comments are thoroughly true, If we are capable of scoring four goals against a team chasing promotion in the space of 45 minutes, what could we do if we performed for a whole game?
  • lawman
    for anyone interested heres the highlights :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 9_12_2009/
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    no but my mates coupon got burst on that result. i am guessing he lost a little on it too by the way he is greeting like a lil biatch on facebook to me!
  • You should be following Nuneaton Borough, if they still exist? They always were annoying but not as bad as the scum from the other end of the A444, Burton.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • lawman
    yer they still exist ....... just, they went in to administration then got bought out by a local builder, i mean ermmm "businessman" :lol:

they were called nuneaton town for abit then a petition got it changed back. i havent seen then for years tho, altho i used to live abought 2 minutes from the old ground. im definitly a posh fan at heart tho :D

and there is an even worse team living down the A444 going by the name of coventry city .......
  • :lol::lol: They're shite though. Non-league is better than most championship teams, mostly because I disagree that cardiff & swansea are allowed to play in 'england' and they then won't allow any scottish, surely it's against their own backs :roll:
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

• lawman
    personally having been to a lot of grounds allround the country even old trafford and wembley, no atmosphere is better than a full house at london round, especially when we got the equaliser yesterday, the place literally erupted. cardiff fans couldnt believe it :lol:
  • Andy
    lawman wrote:
    personally having been to ... old trafford ... no atmosphere is better than a full house at london round...

Yeah Old Trafford and its famous atmosphere :P
  • xstrathyx
    never been to Old Trafford, but i am sure a Champions league night at Parkhead (Glasgow) is up there with anywere for atmosphere

i remember when we played Barca at home. hairs on my neck stood up!
    Andy wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    personally having been to ... old trafford ... no atmosphere is better than a full house at london round...

Yeah Old Trafford and its famous atmosphere :P
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    :lol::lol: They're shite though. Non-league is better than most championship teams, mostly because I disagree that cardiff & swansea are allowed to play in 'england' and they then won't allow any scottish, surely it's against their own backs :roll:

Thing is, for most teams in England, Cardiff isn't a ridiculous distance away, Glasgow is.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • xstrathyx
    bails mate it sure is.....cos i live 150 miles north of glasgow and its an epic drive.

that reminds me i am doing said epic journey this sunday for the Old firm game.

superb 6hrs round trip driving. the things you do to follow your team....!!!
    bails87 wrote:
    :lol::lol: They're shite though. Non-league is better than most championship teams, mostly because I disagree that cardiff & swansea are allowed to play in 'england' and they then won't allow any scottish, surely it's against their own backs :roll:

Thing is, for most teams in England, Cardiff isn't a ridiculous distance away, Glasgow is.
  • bails87 wrote:

Yeah but plymouth & portsmouth are further for some of us! I Just think league of wales, fine, send those teams there, or invite the scots into ours. Plus I hate the cardiff fans, I've seen them many times singing anti-english things when playing in english competitions like the fa cup.
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

• lawman wrote:

Yup I was there (cardiff fan)

To say i was angry is an under statement. Calmed down a bit now though. Can't say i heard any atmosphere from the home fans tbh. Some faint drumming but no singing at all

I'm not bitter :lol:
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    xSTRATHYx wrote:
    bails mate it sure is.....cos i live 150 miles north of glasgow and its an epic drive.

that reminds me i am doing said epic journey this sunday for the Old firm game.

superb 6hrs round trip driving. the things you do to follow your team....!!!
    bails87 wrote:

I doubt you will be really looking forward to it the way Rangers have been scoring recently , As they say It's totally different game though afterall it's only a game
    And Kris Boyd breaking Henrik's record last night in style .. scoring 5 ,,