Chinese Cycling Clothing

peanut1978
peanut1978 Posts: 1,031
edited December 2009 in Road beginners
Has anyone bought any kit from Chinese sellers on ebay before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/09-new-team-cycli ... 3ca8af72c5

Seems like a good deal,and their feedback is positive, but is it genuine Trek stuff do you think?

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    really cant see it see it being genuine.
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
  • peanut1978
    peanut1978 Posts: 1,031
    thanks for the link Gav
  • the page looks cobbled together from press clippings.... Id avoid it as its probably low quality replicas.
    exercise.png
  • I have purchased a number of these shirts on ebay I was under no illusion that they were genuine. :wink:
    I don't sleep with my bike really!

002-2.jpgSummer Bike
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    You can tell just from looking at it that it's not genuine.
  • If it's a cheap reproduction you're after then fine,but don't expect it too last for ever. :wink:
    I don't sleep with my bike really!

002-2.jpgSummer Bike
  • sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    Don't wanna rock the boat. But was in Evans cycles today and they had some Gore Bikewear jerseys and the labels inside read 'made in China'
    So what's the difference?
  • Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    One will be made in China to Gore's specifications and standards, hopefully with Gore overseeing the ethical side of the factory's employment and environmental practices. The othe will be a cheap copy made elsewhere using the cheapest fabrics it can get, unskilled labour, poor or no quality assurance systems, and likely as not pay no adherence to working conditions, health, or minimum wage regulation of their staff. Afterall they are quite prepared to infringe some elses designs and work, so why would they bother about anything else?

Your choice.