morning websters

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited December 2009 in The Crudcatcher
whats on the agenda for today?

ive got a rare day off with the wife today so we are off out for a bit of lunch then pub tonight before dinner at the neighbors.

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Going to see Avatar 3D in an hour :-)
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    General faffing and working. :(
  • Avatar 3D is outstanding saw it week b4 xmas, enjoy.
  • Am down in Cardiff ATM (unfortunately bikeless though).
    I took me 6 hours to get to Birmingham from Blackpool yesterday, was rediculous!

Today I'm off down a pet shop to have a look around and the hopefully off to a few bike shops to spend my Xmas money :D
  • Anonymous
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Am down in Cardiff ATM (unfortunately bikeless though).
    I took me 6 hours to get to Birmingham from Blackpool yesterday, was rediculous!

blimey!! was that driving or train? either way thats a long old time.
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:

driving! tWas bloody crazy!
    Averaged probably 10mph between J32 and J8 on the m6. Apparently there was a big smash up at Stoke which affected everything.

Made it to Cardiff from Birmingham in under an hour and a half though :D

the bad thing is, I'm driving back home on the 2nd so I can guarantee it's going to be just as bad :(

still, the bike shops are miles better round here lol!
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    whats on the agenda for today?

ive got a rare day off with the wife today so we are off out for a bit of lunch then pub tonight before dinner at the neighbors.

What's the garuntee you'll not make it to dinner because you'll be still in the Rudadub or at worse you'll turn up wrecked with your appetite gone ..
  • Anonymous
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    bigbenj_08 wrote:

driving! tWas bloody crazy!
    Averaged probably 10mph between J32 and J8 on the m6. Apparently there was a big smash up at Stoke which affected everything.

Made it to Cardiff from Birmingham in under an hour and a half though :D

the bad thing is, I'm driving back home on the 2nd so I can guarantee it's going to be just as bad :(

still, the bike shops are miles better round here lol!

its always rubbish around stoke isnt it, i'm from there and half the reason i hardly ever visit my folks is the ridiculous traffic, life is far too short!
  • Just putting final few bits together for my wedding tomorrow.

Then it's off round parents house for my "last supper". Mum has got me a nice bit of steak, so it must be serious. :shock:
    "I ride to eat"
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Twas bad on the M6 yesterday, all the matrix signs on the M60 around manchester were flashing about it. Hope it's better tomorrow as I too have the make the journey down to Cardiff (also bikeless, been told i can't take a bike this time as we don't have time for a visit to Afan :evil: ). 1.5 hrs from Brum to Cardiff was pushing it a bit :lol:

As for today, been out on the road bike for the first time in ages seeing as the trails are still icey and cack for riding. Was nearly sick at the top of the first hill, haven't done that for a while. Really cold and raw out but my new jacket was pretty good. Warmed up for the second half or the ride so felt much better.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result