Compact chainset with BB30???

DanEvs
DanEvs Posts: 640
edited December 2009 in Road buying advice
Excuse my ignorance on the subject but I'm looking to replace the SRAM force chainset on my Boardman with a compact and I can't seem to find a compact BB30 item.

Any suggestions? (I'm assuming I can't just fit smaller rings to mine to make it more sportive friendly?)

Comments

• DanEvs
    Oops, my bad. :roll: Thanks for that anyway dude, I just presumed that because wiggle didn't list it then it didn't exist. :)

I'm guessing my assumption that I can't fit a smaller ring is correct? Different sized spider no doubt. :?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Excuse MY ignorance - but do Boardman's come with BB30?! :shock:
  • Pokerface wrote:

The specs here show that the 2010 Pro Carbon comes with BB30.

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/pdf/Boardman2010_Road.pdf

Edindevon
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    DanEvs wrote:
    I'm guessing my assumption that I can't fit a smaller ring is correct? Different sized spider no doubt. :?

Compact tend to be 110mm bcd spiders. I think you might be able to get a 50/38 on the standard 130bcd that you have by changing the rings. Don't think you can go lower than the 38 inner though.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Sram Red is also available in BB30 compact

compact = 110mm BCD = smallest ring is 33t

std double = 130mm BCD = smallest is 38t (39 for Campag)
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • DanEvs
    Pokerface wrote:

They do indeed, SRAM force carbon cranks and BB30. 8) You'd be amazed how good a Boardman is!
  • They also have Tapered steerers too.