Richmond Social Ride?

Wrath Rob
Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Hi all, if like me you feel like you've spent the past 2 weeks taking public transport to avoid the snow and then pigging out at the Christmas feast then you'll probably fancy a social ride around Richmond park. I'm probably going to head out tomorrow for a three laps and a rest in the coffee shop, possibly after each lap ;) If you want to join me for a relaxed ride then drop me a line.

However, that may be late notice so how about a Commuting social ride on Wednesday 30th?
FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Rob - would like to, but the inlaws/babysitters left today, and plans are a bit up in the air, so not sure what riding I can get in between now and NY.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    What time? I was thinking of doing much the same thing?
  • Wrath Rob
    Tomorrow/today I'll probably head over at around 12-12:30 but I'm pretty flexible. Wednesday I was thinking more of a post-rushour ride, e.g. 9:30ish
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    wenesday 0930 is feasible; dry with threat of rain later.
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • Wrath Rob
    OK, lets say Wednesday 30th, 9:30am at the coffee shop by the golf course. I'll be on a black Boardman with a red and white helmet
  • Roastie
    Urg - that is early (particularly when on hols) but it makes sense given the weather - I'll try to make it :). Probably on my blue Kinesis 4T 'crosser.

Are we talking the coffee shop by near Roehampton Gate or Pembroke Lodge (near Richmond Gate)?
  • Roastie
    Ok, I'm quite confused - I thought today was Tuesday! Wrath - what time were you thinking about for tomorrow - still 12-12:30-ish?
  • cjcp
    Roastie wrote:
    Urg - that is early (particularly when on hols) but it makes sense given the weather - I'll try to make it :). Probably on my blue Kinesis 4T 'crosser.

Are we talking the coffee shop by near Roehampton Gate or Pembroke Lodge (near Richmond Gate)?

If the golf course, then it would be Roehampton.

I'll see if I can sneak out for an hour on Wednesday morning.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wrath Rob
    Lets stick with Wednesday, much simpler!

I went out for a ride today and was very scared by how much aerobic capacity I've lost. The power is still there but I couldn't hold a decent pace :(
  • Roastie
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Lets stick with Wednesday, much simpler!

I went out for a ride today and was very scared by how much aerobic capacity I've lost. The power is still there but I couldn't hold a decent pace :(
    That's perfect - I've just recovered from another bleeding cold (though this time without chest infection - bonus!) - so I'll be dead slow too. I reckon I'll still be heading out tomorrow or a gentle spin, so if you change your mind I'll have a peek on here before I head out middayish.

CJ: Excellent!
  • Roastie
    To add: Weather report does not look that grand, but I'll still head out if it isn't too soggy middayish...
  • cjcp
    Fwiw, it's just started to rain down here. There looks to be a bit of a wind as well. Turned out nice again, eh? :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    cjcp wrote:
    Fwiw, it's just started to rain down here. There looks to be a bit of a wind as well. Turned out nice again, eh? :)
    Noticed that. On my way to work. Grrr.
    A week off the bike and only a couple of short rides in the week before that have left me enfeebled. How quickly CV fitness is eroded *sigh*
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Roastie
    cjcp wrote:
    Humrpf!

Being a wuss, I figure I may stay indoors today - let's see how brave I'm feeling.
  • cjcp
    JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Noticed that. On my way to work. Grrr.

<tangent alert>

If it's any consolation, I'm likely to be getting wet on the bike shortly. On my way to the deli though, not work. :mrgreen:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Roastie wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Humrpf!

Being a wuss, I figure I may stay indoors today - let's see how brave I'm feeling.

Get thee to the Park - it's great fun going round the track on the crosser in this weather. :D
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • gbs
    RP 0800 TODAY was wet, windy :cry: and v quiet :) . We don't want perfection do we?
  • Roastie
    cjcp wrote:
    Roastie wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Humrpf!

Get thee to the Park - it's great fun going round the track on the crosser in this weather. :D
    I know I should, but having just got back in from a soggy run of errands this morning (on the bike), I'm loathe to head out again... I'm soft, I know :o.
  • Roastie wrote:
    I'm soft, I know :o.

and you're not exactly a titch either.. You big jelly soft wuss! :D at least I know you won't come after me in this weather... 8)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Roastie
    Ok, that's it. I'm going!
  • Roastie
    That wasn't so bad. the worst bit was deciding to go out. And the last 20 mins into a solid headwind on the way home with frozen hands.
  • cjcp
    Not looking good for me making it tomorrow morning. Jobs to do, and I want to race on Sunday, so need to keep the boss happy. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wrath Rob
    Well, I can't make this morning. Weather is pretty poo but the wife has informed me she has a physio appointment and I need to look after the kids. I'll see if things are better this afternoon. Fingers crossed!
  • Roastie
    Relief. The weather looks stinky.
  • gbs
    Well, I was there sheltering in the cafe until 0940!. Conditions were bearable and it was a good test of new kit

1) overshoes - worn for first time ever. What a revelation.
    2) cotton cap with peak , worn under helmet, served to keep some rain off the specs :)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Well done gbs.

I've just remembered I bought some overshoes a while back. Must dig them out tonight, no that I want it to rain tomorrow. I prefer dry to wet.
  • cjcp
    gbs wrote:
    1) overshoes - worn for first time ever. What a revelation.
    2) cotton cap with peak , worn under helmet, served to keep some rain off the specs :)

I never leave home without (1) if it's cold and/or wet. I never leave home without (2).
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Roastie
    gbs: Good on ya! Hope you didn't wait around too long.