Nokia 5800

drummondjhn
drummondjhn Posts: 175
edited December 2009 in The Crudcatcher
just wondering anyone got one what do you think of it and what applications do you muse for it

cheers
Life is not a spectator sport

Comments

• I've got one!
    It's not bad, depends what you want from a phone i imagine. Not sure I like the qwerty keyboard as i always end up pressing the wrong buttons, so I use the pen that comes with it.
    Reagarding apps, whatever you can get for iPhone is available for the Nokia too. If you want to pay for some, then there are loads, free ones and you have to look. Two good apps i'd recommend are Bright Light (a torch) and Egg Timer (self explanatory) which are free from ovi (the nokia apps site).
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    I bloody love it. Wouldn't change a thing.

Having said that, I'm still lusting after an N900...
  • whyamihere - do you use shortcuts on the homepage? I've just started using them as they're actually pretty useful (i preffered the 'minimalistic' look before). How good would it be though if you could have a shortcut to the Applications folder! Seems you can't, so i've emailed Nokia asking if they can include it in an update :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    whyamihere - do you use shortcuts on the homepage? I've just started using them as they're actually pretty useful (i preffered the 'minimalistic' look before). How good would it be though if you could have a shortcut to the Applications folder! Seems you can't, so i've emailed Nokia asking if they can include it in an update :lol:
    Yep. Got New Message, BrightLight, WLAN Wizard and Maps as shortcuts. Saves me a lot of time.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    oh cock, my E71 doesn't support brightlight.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    whyamihere wrote:
    WLAN Wizard and Maps as shortcuts. Saves me a lot of time.

FAG
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    im a big fan of my 5800 but i only use it to fone and text really so hvent got any apps, might look into some perhaps.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I nearly got one but went for a 5530 instead, much smaller. But less capable for sure, no GPS for example. Still it's like a phone from the future :lol: I'm told the handwriting recognition on the 5800 is identical to that in the 5530 and so far, it appears to be absolutely terrible but the touch-keyboard's good so I don't object too much.

(I'm told that Nokia Maps doesn't yet work on it but it'll be in the next firmware update... But obviously no GPS does limit that, and means no Nokia Sportstracker.)
    Uncompromising extremist