Air Pressure

robbygraham
robbygraham Posts: 36
edited December 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, i have been building myself a new bike, its an Orange Patriot, the front forks are 2007 model Marzocchi 66 SL1, and on the back a Manitou 3 way swinger, on the 66's , it recommends, for my weight 78kgs, 135psi top pressure, and the bottom pressure and a bottom pressure of 165psi, but when i have pumped the forks to these pressures the forks seem completely locked, could you tell me what pressure to run the forks at, and also what pressure for the rear shock. thanks. Rob

Comments

• joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    put a small zip tie on the fork stantion and on the shock shaft, then sit on the bike, avoiding bouncing, and adjust the pressure so that you get aproxx 25% sag as indicated by the zip tie. make sure any compression adjustment is off....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    66 SL what?

1 ATA or 2 ATA?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    add air to the top valve to set the sag. add air to the lower one to set the final compression feel.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • 66 SL1 ATA