Giant Reign '08 (Service Issue)

CustomReign
CustomReign Posts: 185
edited January 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi Guys,

I wouldn't describe myself as a chump usually, but I've taken the linkages apart on my 2008 Reign frame. Trouble is, I have too many spacers from the lower connection the secures the bottom part of the shock to the frame. There are two black spacers and one silver one. I know they all came from the lower section as I saw them fall as I unbolted it.

Can anyone advise on the configuration as I am at a loss as to where the silver spacer goes as there does not appear to be room for it although I'm certain it's required as there's a small amount of play.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    post pictures of the parts.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    from what i reacal there are black spacers on the outside of all bearing points and silver ones on the inside.
  • Ha, yes. The two black ones either side of the shock and two silver ones by the bearings.

Although I thought I caught all parts, I fund the offending lost silver spacer. All sorted. Now for a DHX service. Anyone done a DHX Air at home before?
  • Hey. I've serviced loads of air shocks. what do you need to know.