commuting tyres to fit crud roadracer gaurds & boardman

scotster
scotster Posts: 25
edited December 2009 in Road beginners
Hello.

I'm new to road bikes and commuting so please be gentle with me. After three months of slogging the 32 miles to work and back on my Santa Cruz Blur every morning I realised that I needed another way...

So I'm now looking for some puncture resistant, grippy( its slippy out there) comfy commuting tyres for my new board team carbon that fit under crud roadrace guards please.

Any recommendations please? 23mm seems to be a bit of a limit for the crud gaurds.
Double bonus if the tyres are sexy too!

S.
Ham>Richmond Park>Putney>NKR> Embnkment>PS>Embnkment>Gherkin
FCN 4

Comments

• GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    Not sure if this is a help or not, but on my Bianchi, with WH-R550 wheels and Conti GP4000S tyres, I could not fit the front guard as there was insufficient clearance.

Not sure if that is the fork to blame or the tyre. :?
  • spursn17
    spursn17 Posts: 284
    This is what I posted on another thread.........

"I got the front one to fit my Team Carbon by drilling two new cable tie holes about 15mm to the rear of the original ones. The problem is where the two peices of mudguard join together, it's too thick to go under the brake calipers. by making the holes further back it pushes the thick part further forward just in front of the calipers. Still not a lot of clearance though."

I'm running 23mm tyres on mine and they're still very close. I doubt if you would be able to use Cruds on the front with a bigger tyre.
  • Thanks for the help folks.

So any recommendations on a 23mm commuting tyre please? In white? ;-)

S.
    Ham>Richmond Park>Putney>NKR> Embnkment>PS>Embnkment>Gherkin
    FCN 4