Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Lobster

andrewJohnson
andrewJohnson Posts: 201
edited December 2009 in Road beginners
Anyone had any experience with these? Are they good when it comes down to keeping the heat in ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Sorry wrong section :o
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    there are equally warm gloves- with the convenience of full fingers. Endura strike, specialized sub zero for example.
  • kingrollo wrote:
    there are equally warm gloves- with the convenience of full fingers. Endura strike, specialized sub zero for example.

P.R.O Lobsters are full fingered...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Pearl ... 360046229/
  • Nvm they've ran out of my size, are the Assos Insulator gloves any good?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Assos ... 360010424/
  • I've got a pair (of the PIs). I think they're a good idea but just not warm enough for winter. The full-finger bits are not much warmer than summer full-fingered gloves, and the lobster bits are pretty thin. They're fine for, say, 5C but I wouldn't wear them in this weather. (Well actually I would, but only because I'm going to have to buy warmer ones at some point!)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    These look like a new version of what I use.

Mine were 13 quid from Decathlon about 2 years ago and are absolutely brill, even in sub freezing temps!
  • NapoleonD wrote:

Mine were 13 quid from Decathlon about 2 years ago and are absolutely brill, even in sub freezing temps!

The PI or Assos gloves?
  • Anonymous
    NapoleonD wrote:

The PI or Assos gloves?

No, the Decathlon ones...

I bought mine from Decathlon (BTwin) for 13 quid and they are ace!

Most of my other kit is Gore, Assos or Rapha and I have never felt the need to get anything more expensive than the Decathlon gloves...
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

The PI or Assos gloves?

Most of my other kit is Gore, Assos or Rapha and I have never felt the need to get anything more expensive than the Decathlon gloves...

I meant this bit "These look like a new version of what I use."

Anyway I'm looking for some gloves around the 30pound or less ranger at Wiggle, trying to decide which'll do the best job of keeping the heat in.
  • Anonymous
    NapoleonD wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

The PI or Assos gloves?

I meant this bit "These look like a new version of what I use."

Anyway I'm looking for some gloves around the 30pound or less ranger at Wiggle, trying to decide which'll do the best job of keeping the heat in.

Doh!!

The link didn't paste!

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/cold-winter-gloves-black-49818820/