Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB general

Flinkin Santa Cruz.......

PenylopePenylope Posts: 320
edited December 2009 in MTB general
Why cant things ever be simple :roll:

I've wanted an SC Heckler for ages now (since the frame was updated) and i'm now in the fortunate situation that i can get one and build one up. Went into the LBS to order one last weekend to find that the shock that i want on it (a Fox RP23) is no longer an option, grrrrr :evil:

It has been an option since the frame has been out, but literally a couple of weeks before i put the order in they took it off the price list, b*st*rds.
Aparently SC dont want too many options for their frame so they will keep the float as standard or you can upgrade to the DHX 5.0 air for £245 :shock: :shock:

I was going to start another ( :shock: ) WIP thread but now we've got to faff around trying to get an RP23, so watch this space.
MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
Other, Genesis Croix De Fer

• could ask if the bike shop will buy the float off you to off set the cost of an rp23?
  • Yup noticed this. IIRC 2010 hecklers are 150mm bikes now. I am sure my 2009 heckler was a 140mm bike.I might be wrong though.
  • PenylopePenylope Posts: 320
    Yup noticed this. IIRC 2010 hecklers are 150mm bikes now. I am sure my 2009 heckler was a 140mm bike.I might be wrong though.

The 2007 revamp of the frame took it to 150mm, so yours should be 150mm. They have updated the swingarm for 2010 tho, apparently SC have had some warranty claims for the pivot clamp area cracking on XL models :shock: but no change in travel.
    could ask if the bike shop will buy the float off you to off set the cost of an rp23?

Yeah, my LBS are being really great about it, trying all sorts to get an RP23 on there, i'm sure they will come up with something. I'm getting the frame anyway (with the float), fingers crossed that they come up trumps :)
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • miss notaxmiss notax Posts: 2,572
    Santa Cruz rock - I ride a superlight and my other half rides a Heckler :D

Hope you get the bike sorted!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • delcoldelcol Posts: 2,848
    defo 150mm i got a 07 heckler with rp23,, awesome bike,,,

can't see why s/c would take the rp23 off the options list surely this must be one of the most popular frame shock combos....

hope you get sorted as the heckler is a true alrounder.. i used mine for all kinds of riding from trail center to moorland epics, even whistler bikepark...