Saddle cutout

2»

Comments

• rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    I've used Charge Spoon and now Selle Italia Flite Genuine Gel, both fit great and are nearly same dimensions, but for rides of more than a couple of hours duration i do start to get uncomfortable in 'that' area. Shall be getting a Flite Max Gel Flow saddle for xmas. Will post how that compares for anyone with similar saddle history/probs!
  • Swapped my seat from the rival 143 to the avatar gel and have found it to be much better.

Having looked at the two seats, they both have cut outs but the rival appears to fall away and doesn't support the sit bones, therefore I was sitting more on the middle of my lower pelvis and even with the cut out this was causing problems regarding numb nuts.

Since changing to the avatar gel, I can actually feel that I am taking the weight on my sit bones and after slight adjustment of the seat, I think I now have the correct position, the cut out appears to be of some use as I am now putting the weight into the right area and none under the nuts. :D
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    It all depends on your shape. I used to use Flite Genuine Gel but did suffer from some numbness. I changed to a Toupe and had no more numbness problem but after using it for over a year I found I was getting bruising on my sit bones on long rides over poor roads. I have now changed to Flite Gel Flo (not the Max) which has a more curved profile across the back and seems to spread the load better in spite of being narrower than the Toupe. All the pain now is muscular but that has something to do with my state of fitness, not the saddle. I hope this is my last change as I now run 4 of them.