Veho Muvi (£12 Delivered!) Youtube footage on pg9

Comments

• i'm going to grab 1 as its only a tenner, will post some footage when it arrives :D
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    m1tch666 wrote:

Looked at it earleir this week, might be tempted if it's more weatehrproof than the £7 cameras, it looks like it is with the cap over the SD & sbb connection.
    i'm going to grab 1 as its only a tenner, will post some footage when it arrives :D

+ £6 for the postman.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • i can live with the £6 postage, i just hope it gets here from china quicker than my fiance's headphones.. 6 weeks took the p*ss :lol:
  • redvee
    My last camera took 14 days, which is normal. You could have rode back from China quicker than they delivered it.
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    not been on forum for a while, its great to see this camera thread still going. mine is still going strong from december 09
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    I got one of the Muvi cams recently but no mounting for helm or handlebars - is the sports kit any cop? Some of the reviews say it's weak and breaks easily.
  • redvee
    I've had a waterproof case break on me, after I'd mooded the ribs on the inside to take the veho clone camera. Their weakspot seems to be the clamp.
  • Bunneh
    So they're a bit crap then? Shame. Anyone made their own mounting? I started making one from copper wiring but it's not exactly secure, and the roads around this area are renowned for being very bumpy!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Twofish Lockblock?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    bails87 wrote:
    Twofish Lockblock?
    Works very well with my Muvi-a-like camera.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    redvee wrote:
    I've had a waterproof case break on me, after I'd mooded the ribs on the inside to take the veho clone camera. Their weakspot seems to be the clamp.
    Veho have rediesigned these now, I had two break on first use, each replaced FOC, third one is redesigned and has been fine. Email them, they are very helpful.
  • redvee
    Bunneh wrote:
    Anyone made their own mounting?

I've used a few of these. A bit of tweaking with a knife and drill and a couple of cable ties and you end up with something like this.

dsc0198p.th.jpg

Don't worry about the bracket being for o/s bars as the clamp can be reduced down to smaller diameter bars.
    alfablue wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    Veho have rediesigned these now, I had two break on first use, each replaced FOC, third one is redesigned and has been fine. Email them, they are very helpful.

Long gone now.
  • :D ordered one from Amazon for around £14, should come with 2gb mem card and card reader. Should come on monday. sports pack came today, might put the bracket on the bike today just to get it ready
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • CD I got doesn't seem to work on any of the pc's I've tried, anyone know where i can download everything?

thanks
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    You don't need to install anything. Unless you want to use it as a webcam.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • redvee
    I've not used any of the CDs with the cameras I've bought. It only has software for the webcam function.
  • bails87 wrote:
    You don't need to install anything. Unless you want to use it as a webcam.

that was one of the reasons for wanting it, thought there might have been other stuff on the cd
  • Bunneh
    I made a bracket like you suggested Redvee, works fine. In fact the bracket is the same as the one you suggested, I had one of the lights in a drawer! Bit of work and it sits happily on my handlebars! Great thinking Batman!

The cam is basically a memory stick with a camera built in, you stick in your USB port, and it lets you read the card. I just drag and drop the footage to desktop (which can take a while with the basic memory card - 12minutes for a 600mb file), then edit as needed with Windohs Moooovie Maker.
  • bah humbug, I've broken mine already :( won't charge, or power on, or even register in any of my usb ports... contacted seller via amazon, hopefully sort out a replacement. should still have power in as i left in charge for more than 4 hours and it was still charging (red light on, blue light flashing) haven't dropped it either
  • mine is DOA to, worked for a few minutes and now ZIP, NADA! btw anyone wanting to use it as a webcam good luck, the cd drivers are broken and googleling for the right driver is a knightmare!
  • there's more trouble shooting info for this product in this thread than you can shake a stick at. there isn't one problem with them that hasn't been covered at some point.
  • mine is DOA to, worked for a few minutes and now ZIP, NADA! btw anyone wanting to use it as a webcam good luck, the cd drivers are broken and googleling for the right driver is a knightmare!

google Amcap
  • Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    got mine in the post today, will be working out how to use it tomorrow!
  • redvee
    m1tch666 wrote:

Mine arrived today along with a wireless mouse and apart from the 5 minute clip time I'm happy with the camera. The window sucker is cr@p but I won't be using it on the windows on my bike. Battery life is approx 1 hour of footage from a 2 hour charge. Strips of insulation tape added and it will be more waterproof than the cheaper cameras I've bought in the past.

http://www.china-mobile-phone.com/digit ... s/md80.htm
    not that hard :lol:
  • I got one from 7dayshop a few days ago, £17 with a 4Gb card, It seems to work OK but the supplied mains adaptor is a bit confusing, both LED's are on all the time, and the blue flashing LED on the camera itself never seems to go steady.

After a few attempts at using it and it flaking after 15-20 minutes I came to the conclusion I fried the battery, however I've been doing some more tests today using a USB port to charge and one of those short thick USB cables from a portable hard disk. Lo and behold the blue LED goes steady after 2-3 hours, and I get about 70 minutes recording out of it, so it just seems to be the adaptor causing problems.

I've already bolted one of the brackets to my helmet but haven't found an optimum angle yet, it's either all ground or all sky. I'll try it tie-wrapped to the bars tonight see how that turns out.
  • :D Santa brought me a Veho Muvi Atom this Christmas, had hoped that it would be a GoPro however with the austerity cuts he must have sacked his quality buyer.

I have scoured this listing.......... now in its 71st page, how many more will it go to?
    I have search for how to change the date for my Atom and have tried the various methods suggested. On Veho's website they fob you off with the statement saying that you can alter the date of the file after saving it and provide NO assistance in changing the date. The supplied CD did not have any info either.
    After discovering that it is listed as Syntek USB MSDC USB Device when going to "safely remove hardware" I Googled this and found a forum that suggested an alternative method:

Create a *.txt file calling it Time, within this file type:
    yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss

Example: (2011.01.31 22:55:07)

There is no need to put "date" in square brackets, and a slight difference is using dots instead of slashes for the date separators, there is a space between the date sequence and the time sequence.

Then following previous posts of shutting down the camera it seems to work fine. The text file disappears, the "DCIM" folders date does not change but the "avi" files have correctly so no more 2094 dates. I have noted that if I eject the micro memory card then it resets the date to a barmy one.

:?: I contacted Veho asking if it would be possible to use a 16GB Class 10 micro SD card to replace the supplied 2GB Class 4. They replied:
    With the Muvi Atom we recommend that you use up to a class 6 SD or SDHC card, maximum 16GB capacity. We do not recommend a class 10 card.
    and directed me to their shop (that happened to sell 8GB Class 6) with a 20% discount code in the mail "VEHO20"

Now I know somewhere in the 70 previous pages someone asked about using a Class 10 card and was quickly cut short as the software/firmware would only handle files up to 4GB or the battery would fail.
    :?: However as Veho did not answer my question would anyone here be able to answer it?
    :?: Would a Class 10 card improve on lower Class cards.

I am still experimenting with the cam, and have not worked out the battery time and if the firmware will record past the 4GB as others experience.

I have found that after a minute of playback using windows media player that it pauses every couple of seconds,
    :?: in your opinions is this due to my camera or the software I'm using to play it back with?

Thank you all for your feedback on these cams, as a result I will definitely be getting a second, probably a MD80 as I cant duplicate what Santa supplied.

http://www.veho-lifestyleshop.com/lifestyleshop/shop.aspx?category=muviacc
    [/url]
    I ride a STD Gary Fisher 2010 Mamba.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    You were probably recommended a class 6 card as this is the highest speed the Veho can write at so getting a higher speed card may not make any difference.

I think they are all backwards compatible so if you can get a class 10 at a reasonable price then I'd give it a try but you may not get any benefits past a class 6 card.

The pausing on video playback could be your software. I find Windows Media player is pretty rubbish at playing back AVI files, pretty much any other media player seems to deal with them much better. Im no expert on this matter though ...
  • lugsey2k5
    lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
    Hello
    Just read threw a dozen pages on here and cant seem to find a working link or product name that brings up the cheap £12 version of this camera.
    could anyone help?
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    go to ebay and search for "md80", sort according to price+p&p and choose a seller with a good rating.

There are loads of people selling these. If you order from the far east the price will be less but will take ~2 weeks to arrive if you order from UK the price will be slightly more but much quicker delivery times. take your choice ...