Veho Muvi (£12 Delivered!) Youtube footage on pg9

Comments

• blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    jay12 wrote:
    how many minutes will i be able to record per 1GB?

it's unknown, people get different, so the answer is, YMMV
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The files on my camera at the moment are

25:03 - 1.78gb
    09:51 - 755mb
    13:07 - 0.99gb
    31:40 - 2.04gb
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ccc
    ccc Posts: 193
    Sorry if it's a repost but these are only £16.98 @ ebuyer at the moment.

Pretty good deal for those who don't have one already. Might grab myself another at that price 8)
    Eyes on the prize.
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    Update, did the 40 mile charity ride today (left leg is cramped to hell and back! Arrgghh!), just got back checked the footage and the helmet mount was a resounding success, smooth, good angle and didn't fall out once (didn't find an elastic bad in the end so put faith in the plastic clip).

Could even operate the buttons without needing to take the helmet or cam off, which is awesome except that because I couldn't remember which button was on which side I must have hit the mode button at some point and turned on sound activation mode >.<

Got the first 18 mins of the vent then a bunch of 1-3 min clips of boring, slow uphill climbs (activated by me cursing hills no doubt). So i'll have to wait till next week before I get any decent off road footage. Still, happy it worked. :)
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    Video up! Watch in 480p otherwise pootubes horrible compression techniques make it look crap

As I say, accidentally put it into sound activated mode shortly after the start so the only other footage I got is boring uphill slogs. :x
  • tarren
    tarren Posts: 42
    Used to happen to me D-Cyph3r but I super glued the little bugger down.
    John Marsh
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    jay12 wrote:
    how many minutes will i be able to record per 1GB?

it's unknown, people get different, so the answer is, YMMV

The seller told me that 40mins/GB is normal. But mine (which is currently being 'troubleehoot-ed' with the seller before it's hopefully replaced) filled half an 8GB card in 20 mins, at which point the battery runs out!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Aksuna
    Aksuna Posts: 1
    My eyeballs are bleeding after reading 65 pages of this thread, however, I thank all involved for all the incredible information.

We purchased several for building inspectors and police officers and found that in the namebrand Veho Muvi cam's the class 2 cards are definitely a major flaw.

An upgrade to the Class 6 cards have made a marked difference.

Thanks to you all for the chuckles, outright guffaws and smirks that came by way of your posts. (I have a new word for describing those technologically challenged - technotard! Thanks for that!)
    Yep Imma Geek......Yep Imma Chic......
  • stephec
    stephec Posts: 795
    Mine's just turned up from Lucky Allen, and as the Missus is fond of saying to me, "my god,that's tiny!"

Being a bit of an IT mong I can't adjust the date, can anyone give me the easy version of how it should be done?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    You need to create a TXT. document entitled TAG, MS notepad, and load it into root folder of the memory card.

[date]2010/03/10
    20:22:00

Note the newline for the time. I keep this also on the card where the clips are saved so that it's easyto change the date. When you've saved it to the root folder, remove the camera from the PC and turn it off then back on 30 seconds later and do a short test recording.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • stephec
    Cheers Redvee, that's what I read in the manual as well though. Unfortunately root folders and TXT documents mean nothing to me so is there a way of explaining it in a simpleton's way?
  • tarren
    Insert your cam and format your card,
    Insert the provided CD and open,
    Open the TAG file,
    [date]
    2009/11/10
    14:05:00
    should appear as so when you,ve adjusted, your present time of course.
    {date]
    2010/05/22
    17:30/00
    Rename your file TAG.txt and save into the drive that opened when you inserted the cam.
    Don't forget to click on the space bar at the end of each line.
    Remove the cam, switch off and on again, try and record, switch off and insert into computer, should do the trick, good luck.
    Come back if you still have problems, I'm sure others will be along to help.
    John Marsh
  • stephec
    Ah, I knew that was how you do it all along. :lol: :oops:

Thanks to both for your help. :)
  • Still waiting for mine... how long did they take to turn up? :(
  • tarren
    Anything up to three weeks from memory.
    John Marsh
  • Dan Dare
    Dan Dare Posts: 367
    Went back to Llandegla on Wednesday morning. Mounted the camera on the handlebar for a change, similar results to the helmet mount if a little more shakey. As I've found a few times now all the later recordings won't play so the best of the black runs isn't there, I think I need to invest in a Sandisk or similar as I'm currently using a ten quid 8gb class 6 from China. Anyway here is the vid, my mate fell off just off camera at 7:55 (I'd have caught it if it was on my helmet! ) http://vimeo.com/12089720

• rrsodl
    rrsodl Posts: 486
    I got myself one of these cheap video cam off eBay and so far it seems quite good for the money.

The model is MD80. I followed the instructions for charging the battery and the lights on the battery charger never seem to go out :roll: how long do I have to charge the battery to get a full charge? Yesterday it was on charge for about 4 hours.... expecting the red light to go off but it never did.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Sometimes the lights dont sem to work as they should. My newest camera has both the red and blue lights on solid all the time the cam is attached by USB, regardless of wether it's full or not. But my older model flashes while it's charging, then goes solid when it's charged.

TBH. it's not a massive deal if you're doing a USB charge anyway, as it's not going to do any damage (within reason). A few hours on USB charge would be more than enough to fill the battery up.
  • rrsodl
    rrsodl Posts: 486
    Actually, yesterday it was charging from the provided charger plugged into the mains socket. The charger (plug) has two lights green and red - both were solid at all times. So, I could not find out if it took a full charge or it was still charging
  • bails87
    I posted mine back to the (UK based) seller a week ago because of battery problems. Royal Fail appear to have lost it :(
    MTB/CX

• Dan Dare
    I was camping in the Lake District this weekend and while I was there I did the North Face trail at Grizedale Forest. Once again the later recordings can't be rendered by any software, shame as the last couple of descents on the loop are pretty good, I'm thinking about investing in a genuine Veho now. Anyway, I also managed to end up in a stinking bog whilst still on my bike after taking a dive off some boardwalk. Thick black mud up past my knees. At first I thought I wasn't getting me or the bike out, but I managed it, caught it on the camera too, 2:34 onward on the video here http://vimeo.com/12341070 :lol:
  • Dan Dare
    edited June 2010
    Double post
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    Dan Dare wrote:
    I was camping in the Lake District this weekend and while I was there I did the North Face trail at Grizedale Forest. Once again the later recordings can't be rendered by any software, shame as the last couple of descents on the loop are pretty good, I'm thinking about investing in a genuine Veho now. Anyway, I also managed to end up in a stinking bog whilst still on my bike after taking a dive off some boardwalk. Thick black mud up past my knees. At first I thought I wasn't getting me or the bike out, but I managed it, caught it on the camera too, 2:34 onward on the video here http://vimeo.com/12341070 :lol:

That is funny - well it was for me ;)
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    RRSODL wrote:
    I got myself one of these cheap video cam off eBay and so far it seems quite good for the money.

The model is MD80. I followed the instructions for charging the battery and the lights on the battery charger never seem to go out :roll: how long do I have to charge the battery to get a full charge? Yesterday it was on charge for about 4 hours.... expecting the red light to go off but it never did.

IF you have the same one as we all have than you will also have instructions saying NOT to charge it for that length of time on the charger! I think the advise would be to charge 2/3 hrs max on mains charge and from then on use USB charging - I personally would not leave it on charge for over 2 hrs on either method.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I figured that I may as well give an update to working links if anybody was interested in buying a camera and card, as all the others have expired.

The camera is available here

and the Micro SDHC card is available here
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bails87
    Am I doing something wrong here? I'm on my second one, and it's got the identical issues to the previous one.

It arrived, I charged it for 2.5hrs on the mains.
    Battery died in 25 mins.
    Charged for 2 hours on mains + 1 hour on USB
    Battery died in 25 mins
    Charged for 3 hours on mains
    Battery died in 27 mins
    Been on charge on USB today, so I'll see how long it lasts on the way home.

It's also using 1GB per 10 mins of footage. It behaves exactly the same with 2 different cards I've tried. Although one was only 1GB so it stopped recording fairly quick, but once I'd emptied the card and replaced it I still got ~25 mins from it.

Or is this normal?!
    MTB/CX

• bails87
    Anyone? :wink:
    MTB/CX

• blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    if you've done everything suggested previously then i suspect they've changed battery or changed battery spec from the original (which wasn't brilliant)
  • bails87
    if you've done everything suggested previously then i suspect they've changed battery or changed battery spec from the original (which wasn't brilliant)
    #

Pah, okay, cheers. I might just write it off then, I'll give it a few more charges to see what I can eek out of it.
    MTB/CX

• tarren
    Hi bails87 are you sure it's the battery that's dying? have you formatted the mini card before recording? It's worth giving it a go, these are frustrating little cams at times.
    John Marsh