Veho Muvi (£12 Delivered!) Youtube footage on pg9

Comments

• Georgeb
    Georgeb Posts: 315
    Thing is though, I took some footage walking round my house before I dropped it, and it still wasn't great, not much better than the video I posted. Is there a chance it could be the memory card or camera?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    antfly wrote:
    Tesco`s are doing the genuine muvi with sd card and sportspack for £39.97 for anyone who's interested. I know it's more than £13 but it`s still pretty cheap.

Had a look online and can't see it :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • _Jon_ wrote:
    Guisamo wrote:
    _Jon_ wrote:
    What was the solution? Mine was working fine yesterday but I'm now having the same problem you were.

The advice I was given was that when the batteries run low the red and blue lights stay on and the unit locks out (can't turn on/off), recharge and that should fix it. Worked for me anyway.

Thanks.

I have had it on charge plugged into my PC overnight but it still isn't working properly. I'm going to leave it in the mains charger for a bit to see if that makes a difference.

I charged mine with the mains charger first for 1 hour 15 mins and it fixed the problem. I then plugged it into my mac and the light flashed as if it was charging so seems to work.

The usb might only be a trickle charge so if it is locked out with no battery I would guess it's better to give it a blast with the mains (not too long tho!) I'm very paranoid that I will plug it in and forget about it, and come back to a fried cam!

Hope this helps Jon
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Georgeb wrote:
    Thing is though, I took some footage walking round my house before I dropped it, and it still wasn't great, not much better than the video I posted. Is there a chance it could be the memory card or camera?
    It's either or so you'd have to test the card somewhere else or borrow another or find another card and "demo" it with cam in a shop to determine what's what. Doubt it's the card though, they're good cards - not to mention bomb proof. The only other thing to try would be to follow the Samsung card instructions to format but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Could be a faulty cam but you've since dropped it, flick a coin whether you fancy a return....
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    redvee wrote:
    antfly wrote:
    Tesco`s are doing the genuine muvi with sd card and sportspack for £39.97 for anyone who's interested. I know it's more than £13 but it`s still pretty cheap.

Had a look online and can't see it :(

I orderd one yesterday. I found it on another forum that had a Iink although they thought it was out of stock, it isn`t now. I can find out the catalogue no. if you like.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Georgeb wrote:
    I've just taken mine out for a very quick test, and the quality isn't as good as everyones else's footage I've seen on here. Heres the video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Az1357vpFM

Do you think its a problem with the camera or the memory card (I'm using a 4gb samsung class 6- http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/1 ... oduct.html )? Or could it be that I did drop it? :cry:

From my experience as a photographer it looks like it could be a focus problem. That suggests that the lens has been knocked out of position I'm afraid.

Matthew
    2002 Posts: 26
    I have a MUVI and I have now had 2 new class 6 cards in it and the FPS have stayed the same as the card the camera came with which is 19.5 FPS. Has any one had the FPS up near the 25/30 FPS they say the camera will run at and if so which was the make of the card you used. aI have tried a Nokia and Samsung card so far. Keith.
  • alfablue wrote:
    Dan Dare wrote:
    Mine arrived this morning, along with my memory card :) I can't figure out how to either remove or set the date stamp that shows up in yellow on the video, anyone had any luck with this? It mentions something about the TAG file on the mini CD you get but where do I need to copy this too?
    You need to open the root folder of the card in Windows, create a new text file, call it TAG.txt, open the file and type

[date]
    2009/12/23
    22:04:00

(at least that's what I did yesterday - adjust the date/time to suit)

Close and save the file

turn off camera

turn on

date should be set

(ignore the file on the CD, make your own)

Hi,

mine arrived today and its great !

I am however a technical neanderthal ! - please can you advise how you get into the/find the root file for the card and where/how you create a text file ?

thanks
    :oops:
    Santa Cruz Heckler 2006
  • redvee
    prowbiker wrote:
    please can you advise how you get into the/find the root file for the card and where/how you create a text file ?

thanks

Just open the card in 'My Computer' then place the created text file there. To create the said text file open Notepad and create as above and call it TAG as stated above and save straight to the card.
    2002 wrote:
    I have a MUVI and I have now had 2 new class 6 cards in it and the FPS have stayed the same as the card the camera came with which is 19.5 FPS. Has any one had the FPS up near the 25/30 FPS they say the camera will run at and if so which was the make of the card you used. aI have tried a Nokia and Samsung card so far. Keith.

Mine's running at 30.995 fps
    antfly wrote:

I orderd one yesterday. I found it on another forum that had a Iink although they thought it was out of stock, it isn`t now. I can find out the catalogue no. if you like.

Did a search using Muvi & Veho so a cat no seems the next step.
  • redvee wrote:
    prowbiker wrote:
    please can you advise how you get into the/find the root file for the card and where/how you create a text file ?

thanks

Just open the card in 'My Computer' then place the created text file there. To create the said text file open Notepad and create as above and call it TAG as stated above and save straight to the card.
    2002 wrote:

antfly wrote:

It worked - thanks a lot !

so.....how do you check fps then ?!
    Santa Cruz Heckler 2006
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    is there any reason why it shouldnt be charged with the mains adapter?
  • strodey
    strodey Posts: 481
    I've just taken mine out for a very quick test, and the quality isn't as good as everyones else's footage I've seen on here. Heres the video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Az1357vpFM

What did you use to save it with ? if your using windows movie maker you need to save it as eithetr a DV-PAL or large high quality movie when prompted!

I had the same problem until i played around and found the different types of files you could save it with, i'll post up a vid of mine shortly, i did do a face plant with it at the front of my helmet and its survived!
    Carbon is a mans best freind
  • redvee
    prowbiker wrote:

so.....how do you check fps then ?!

My framerate is displayed by my video player. It is sometimes within the file properties.
  • blister pus
    is there any reason why it shouldnt be charged with the mains adapter?
    Note from the seller says, and I quote:

It is better to recharge the cam with your computer.
    If you choose charger to recharge the cam, it is can not more than 3 hours.
    Otherwise the cam may be destroyed.

Which is actually a standard over charging warning you'd get on most things. What I think you'll find is charging from the PC cuts out if you slip into a coma and die. But I'd do a 2 hour charge using the charger and not be too arsed.
  • strodey
    Test video including a head over bar moment due to ice :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=431gOIebTZ4

Note to self; Please change your summer semi slicks before going out in icy muddy wet conditions, just because your in a hurry to try out a new gadget it should not make you lazy!
  • Dan Dare
    Dan Dare Posts: 367
    strodey wrote:
    Test video including a head over bar moment due to ice :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=431gOIebTZ4

Note to self; Please change your summer semi slicks before going out in icy muddy wet conditions, just because your in a hurry to try out a new gadget it should not make you lazy!

Nice video, you took the fall quite well, last time I did something like that I stayed down for at least 2 minutes :lol:
  • redvee
    One thing all the users of these cameras is that the microphone can pick up a lot of sound even at arms length and as demonstrated in the clip above :oops: :lol: Mine on the bars picks up the GPS turn alerts and all the abuse I shout at the cars that deserve it.
  • Can you turn sound on/off?

I only ask 'cos a mate of mine bought one at the same time as me, he's got his (mine's not arrived yet) but he says he can't get any sound on it.

He is something of a technotard so it may well be something really simple. I can't offer him any advice until mine shows up though.
  • antfly
    redvee wrote:
    prowbiker wrote:

thanks

2002 wrote:

antfly wrote:

It is impossible to find so here is the cat no. 207-1022
  • http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-1022.aspx

The price variance on this gadget is crazy! The real McCoy can be found for anywhere between £40 (link above) and £80...

I'm still suffering crackles on mine, but not quite as bad as I was originally. Perhaps the subber/silicon jacket from the sports pack, now fitted, has helped? Will put an order in at "ginger6" for an 8GB class 6 for ~£13 in the next day or two.

Hung mine on the Xmas tree yesterday to record some footage of our 3 month old guinea pigs having some lap time with visiting family and the playback was very red! Guessing it was being flooded by a tree light! :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • strodey
    Nice video, you took the fall quite well, last time I did something like that I stayed down for at least 2 minutes

Had two walkers who saw it, hence the speedy recovery to try and save face! Didn't work though got home and my ribs and hip are killing me!
  • strodey wrote:
    Nice video, you took the fall quite well, last time I did something like that I stayed down for at least 2 minutes

Had two walkers who saw it, hence the speedy recovery to try and save face! Didn't work though got home and my ribs and hip are killing me!

Nice vid....and it looked like you did a quick sweep of the countryside to see if anyone saw you !! - I do exactly the same :D

If no one`s watching, and I`ve fallen when knackered etc....I always allow myself time for a quick cry and a kick of the bike. :oops:

If someones seen me fall....I`m on the bike and off before they see my reddening face... 8)
    Santa Cruz Heckler 2006
  • redvee

Cheers for this, got £40 in Tesco vouchers to spend, think I've found where they are going.

EDIT, They're now gone. £5 for the genuine item with carriage and another sports kit :D:D
  • antfly
    Hey, It`s me you should be thanking not him. :o :?
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Can't get mine to work, have charged It up but all I get Is a red and blue light come on and nothing else. None of the buttons seem to work.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • redvee
    Press the power button and the blue light is solid and the red light flashes briefly. hit record and the blue light is still solid with the red light flashing once a second. When you press stop the red light flashes quickly for approx a second then goes off.
  • blister pus
    read back a few pages there's some possible causes / fixes.
    Guisamo wrote:
    The advice I was given was that when the batteries run low the red and blue lights stay on and the unit locks out (can't turn on/off), recharge and that should fix it. Worked for me anyway.
    Guisamo wrote:
    As well as posting my problem on here, I emailed lucky2009-Allen (guy who's selling on ebay) Christmas Eve about 6pm, got a reply back from him within 2 hours with a solution - now that's what I call good customer service!

for example.
  • Sarnian
    I did wonder If It was a low battery, when I press on the red and blue light are on all the time they do not flash. I have It recharging at the moment I charged It for 3 hours, does It need longer?
  • blister pus
    If it's had 3 hours using the charger already then turn it off and contact Allen.
  • Sarnian
    Right will do, cheers