the Irish....

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited November 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Republic of Ireland ask for extra 2010 World Cup place

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 386207.stm
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Yes they should. War should also be declared on France.
  • No. Sh1t happens.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Constipation is a bitch isn't it?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Whaaaaat, I can't even say b!tch?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Yes they should, as France are a bunch of cheating Cnuts!!!!
  • Yes, and France should be banned from everything....forever.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Nope of course not. THE GAME IS OVER.

How about an extra spot for every single team that ever missed out on qualification due to a refereeing error? How about Ireand's unjust 3 points against Georgia, when a draw at best was all they deserved?

Ireland only won that game because of a terrible penalty decision and who knows how their qualification campaign would have turned out had they rightly failed to beat one of the worst sides in world football.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    Yes they should, as France are a bunch of cheating Cnuts!!!!

When Celtic made a song and dance to Uefa along with sfa about an Arsenal player for play acting ... the the following week one of the celtic players does the same

Remember that malarky

Yet nobody thought a player such like Thierry Henry would stoop that low but when nationalistic pride comes in to it ,, you will do what it takes for your country ....

People will do things for there country they wouldn't normally and for your team your comrades in the field of battle .. because you are a band of brothers ..
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I say yes. Then we can claim the 1986 world cup. Maybe. Still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk-kXwjASEE

Interestingly Aresnal and Sheff Utd replayed a game after a contreversial throw in, but Sheff U have always been a oad of whinging knobs.
  • I say no.

It's football.

I'm sure it will have consequences on many irish businesses if they aren't in the world cup, but at the end of the day a decision to allow them through would open up the floodgates to every man and his dog that wants to petition for special dispensation everytime an "unjust" result is acheived.

Where do you draw the line?
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    yoohoo999 wrote:
    but at the end of the day a decision to allow them through would open up the floodgates to every man and his dog that wants to petition for special dispensation everytime an "unjust" result is acheived.

Totally agree. It's sport and bad officiating happens every day. We really don't want to get to the point where the outcome of every game is decided in a court of law.