OT: My commuting bag.

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
Thank you Jonginge for suggesting that I take my bag with broken zip to the dry cleaners.

The guy quoted £10 -12 to fix it as he fixed it and then stitched it back together then asked me to make a donation of my choosing. I had £2.50 in my wallet so he got that.

Once again thanks you saved me anywhere near £50 - £100.

Chapeau to you sir.

One of the many benefits of bikeradar.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I thought you had a Knog Presto? They're only like £25
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    No problem at all, sir. You're very welcome. :D
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I thought you had a Knog Presto? They're only like £25

Yeah but in my frustration I was going to buy a new bag which would have cost around the aforementioned prices.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DDD why did you consider this OT? It's a bike bag you use for commuting, am I correct?

And in a more substantial contribution to the thread ...

Who were the dry cleaners? Sounds like they deserve a bit of positive publicity.

Edit: typo
  • DonDaddyD
    duncedunce wrote:
    DDD why did you consider this OT? It's a bike bag you use for commuting, am I correct?

And in a more substantial contribution to the thread ...

Who were the dry cleaners? Sounds like they deserve a bit of positive publicity.

Edit: typo

These guys on Kingston Road, near South Wimbledon tube.
    Food Chain number = 4

• One of the better uses of streetview :)