Cheap Waterproof Jacket <£50

thel33ter
thel33ter Posts: 2,684
edited December 2009 in MTB buying advice
I have started commuting to school now and have realised that my jacket is only 50% waterproof, so I need a cheap waterproof jacket, I am looking at the
Endura Laser 2 ( http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/clothi ... gn=froogle )
as it is well in my price range and bikeradars review of it is good. Anyone out there got any better ideas?
And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
05 Spesh Enduro Expert
05 Trek 1000 Custom build
Speedily Singular Thingy

Comments

• spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    price match an endura convert 2 for 52.99 at SBR Sports with Chain reaction cycles.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • yo,
    for cheap, try decathlon - they do similar type things to that for less than 15 quid i think. obviously won't come with so many whistles and bells, but dry's dry. or, keep an eye out for the millet's/black's shops closing down sales - picked myself up one of those kag-in-a-bag thingies for £6 last month and it works wonders, with the advantage of being able to pack it up and clip it to a belt loop if not needed.
    ad
  • trekhead
    trekhead Posts: 626
    Yeah, I have the Laser jacket. Can`t fault it really and it did keep my top half dry yesterday unlike my `waterproof` socks and expensive `waterproof` North Face boots
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    the LAser certainly seems like a good jacket...

whats the difference between the laser 1 and laser 2 jacket?

on google shopping (finds the cheapest) the laser 1 is £14.98 where as CRC want 35.99
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • Where can I find the Laser 1 jacket for £15 smackers??
    Boardman Team Comp
    Boardman CX Team
    Boardman Full Suss Pro
    Brick Lane fixie
    Genesis Day One
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    was advertised on google shopping yday at all terain cycles i believe... but cant see it today (havet really looked though)
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • Hi, I have a polaris orange jacket from halfords that cost £30

bargain where good for rides less than 10miles (otherwise get too hot)
    it's 5000m water tested and 5000breathability

nice detailing with reflective piping and 2 pockets one large rear and left chest.

good to be seen in!