West End!

MountainPete
MountainPete Posts: 418
edited November 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Hi all,

I'm thinking original Christmas present idea for girlfriend here. The plan I've got in my mind is I'll take her to London so see a show on the West End, have an evening meal, and generally have a bit of a sightseeing sesh in London (Harrods etc.).

I am no expert in shows by any means, so thought I'd ask here to see if anyone know of a good (and suitable) show to go and see! Nothing too sad or soppy mind...

I look forward to reading your sensible suggestions!!! :-)

Comments

• witch?
  • As it happens, I was at our London office last week which is almost directly opposite the Palladium on Argyle street.

I noticed they are showing Sister Act at the moment, which is supposed to be pretty good. Right next to carnaby street and Oxford St for shopping and stuff too.

They usually put me up at The Langham on regent Street which is a pretty swanky place. Nice food, and within easy walking distance of The Palladium, (5 mins tops). It is NOT cheap though. I got a bottle of beer from the bar downstairs and it cost the best part of a tenner, luckily though, work pays for it all, so I had a couple more :D .

Most of the hotels in that area have offers on so you book a couple of nights and they sort out show tickets and stuff for you.
  • Or any of these at other theatres

The 39 Steps
    Blood Brothers
    Avenue Q
    Chicago
    Woman in Black
    We Will Rock You

Mrs CWNT knows not to expect any such extravagance from me though, so I can't say if any of them are any good.
  • Blood Brothers is a great little show if you want singing and dancing, but not the happiest of shows (plus you'll have to put up with liverpudlian accents for a couple of hours ;)

Avenue Q will have you both in stitches if you both have an odd sense of humour like this
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Avenue Q looks awesome. Might have to go get some culture next time I have to take a trip to the big smoke.
  • I haven't seen Avenue Q, however quite a few of my friends have, and I'm waiting for it to go on tour again so I can see it. Apparently it's just stupid all the way through, but in an hilarious way.
    Well worth a watch me thinks.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Oh, and We Will Rock You has my friend, Kayleigh playing Scaramoosh (probably spelt wrong). She has very nice boobies :D
    (Turns out she's the understudy of Scaramoosh)
    13049_178605832006_514747006_3458988_6474838_n.jpg
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thanks all for the suggestions! Avenue Q does look hilarious, but I am more intrigued by the 39 Steps.

Does anyone know of a good restaurant around Piccadilly Circus?
  • Bignige
    Bignige Posts: 223
    Oh, and We Will Rock You has my friend, Kayleigh playing Scaramoosh (probably spelt wrong). She has very nice boobies :D
    (Turns out she's the understudy of Scaramoosh)
    13049_178605832006_514747006_3458988_6474838_n.jpg

"Nice Boobies"..LMAO :lol: ......Bet she's glad your not her PR person !!!!!
    Ride it like you stole it.........Yeah Baby!!!

2008 Spesh Enduro SL Expert
    2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 Ltd Edition
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    Don't know if you are allowed to link to sites but I always think this website is worth a visit when looking to visit a theatre in London.

http://www.theatremonkey.com/

Theatre Monkey is just a bloke who set the side up based upon his own experiences. Worth looking at the seat comments I find.

Last Minute does good (cheap) meal and show deals as well I find.