First ride on new bike today!

slowlanejane
slowlanejane Posts: 312
edited November 2009 in Road beginners
Hooray - I took weeks researching bikes, finally committing last week.I then had a few days practising on previously unused cleats - I managed to crash while stationary in the dining room. Then it was cr*p weather, then lack of availability.

The shiny Bianchi called to me all the time ...

but tonight I finally got it all together and went to a floodlit velodrome and took my frst proper turn on my first proper road bike clipped in like a proper cyclist.

Felt good, felt really good.

Comments

• may you have many happy miles ahead of you on it.

love the image of the dining room crash though...especially if the family was at dinner at the time!
  • A bike in the dining room! Track standing!! Had you been doing been doing laps?

Glad you got to the velodrome and had fun :D
    "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon
  • 0scar
    0scar Posts: 219
    If there's no picture it doesn't exist!
    Commuter: Taped-up black Trek 2200 (FCN 5)
    Shiny bike: Pinarello FP2 (FCN 3)
  • well done! you mastered the concept of riding and getting used to clipless on a velodrome not at traffic lights.......
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Ill be practicing my clipping in my living room too =D Traffic lights are scary and if I fall ill be writing off cars with my weight....

Congrats on the new baby!! May it bear your rump happily for many many miles!!
    exercise.png
  • 0scar wrote:

Will a huge black bruise on my backside do instead?
  • 0scar wrote:

Will a huge black bruise on my backside do instead?

Only if we get a picture of the bruise!
    exercise.png