SpokeLit LED - change the colour?

2»

Comments

• number9
    number9 Posts: 440
    I think the batteries go near the centre of the wheel. I don't think I'd notice the weight.
  • Maybe get two, as I think they only shine one way. Put them on opposite spokes and your wheel balance should be fine too.
  • number9
    Spokelits are stunning! Went for a spin after the football traffic died down, you only really get the wheel effect onced you're up to speed, and it's hard to see from the saddle! Great sideways visibility. You have to press and hold at first to get the lights out of "Try Me" phase.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    eltonioni wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Thanks Mithras. They are solid blue lights.

Tempted to get more now :roll:

Where from?

Probikekit, although I think they are out of the ones I want right now :(
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    number9 wrote:
    Spokelits are stunning! Went for a spin after the football traffic died down, you only really get the wheel effect onced you're up to speed, and it's hard to see from the saddle! Great sideways visibility. You have to press and hold at first to get the lights out of "Try Me" phase.

+1 :D
  • number9
    I got them for my nephew, but thought I'd try them first, you know? Check they work.

Actually, I may keep them and order another pair for the nephew , Spokelits are aces and skills!

Sensible, sideways visibility for roundabouts, and around twenty mph you get that weird effect, you know when a propeller starts up and it looks like it's going backwards?

So I've got the Cateye and the BLT front and back, Tyreflies and the Spokelits. I stopped to let some coffin dodgers past in the post-football traffic and the soppy old geezer glances at me and says "Never seen a cyclist with lights before!" Harrumph.

Picked up speed past the catholic cathedral going down Earlham Road and the time-warp flux capacitator kicked in and the disc of light effect took place and some fag users outside the Black Horse stopped and stared and went "Woo!" as I went past!

What larks.