34 hole hub?

sicknote
sicknote Posts: 901
edited November 2009 in Workshop
As any one else ever seen one as I needed a new rim and did not count the spokes properly :roll:
Now I have started to re-build the back wheel I see the hub has just 3 for holes and not the 36 the rim has.

Can I still build the wheel or do I need a new hub as I dont think I will get a 34 hole rim. :(

Ps the old rim was Mavic MA2 :?

Comments

• John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    34 spoke. Are you sure. I have never seen one. 28,32,36 and even 40 are the norm. Many factory wheels have oddball spoking but nearly always less than 32.
  • sicknote
    :oops: :oops:

Look like I have completely lose the knack to count as you are right and its 32 hole :roll:

Not sure what happened there :?

Looks like I will have to get a new rim too :roll:

Anyone want to buy a new 36 hole Open sport rim?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    FWIW for almost any conventional spoke pattern, holes need to be in multiples of 4 - matched pairs of trailing and leading spokes on each side. Exceptions are some factory wheels like Fulcrums with 2:1 spoking on the rear.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • sicknote
    I guess one of the joys of being dyslexic, is looking at something and seeing what IS there and counting it too :roll:

Need to get a new rim so I can get this wheel finished and get out on the bike.

Ps Why did they maker that work so hard to spell, thank all that is good for google.