Bianchi Freehub help required

jamespiggot
jamespiggot Posts: 69
edited November 2009 in Workshop
The freehub on my 2005/06 Bianchi 926L has failed and my LBS can't find a replacement.

The wheel is Campag with a Shimano axle that has been re-branded as Bianchi Componenti with large SGHEZ decals and a sticker that says:

Aluminium Alloy ETRTO 622x15C Made in Italy.

Does anyone have any advise on where I could look to find a replacement freehub for this wheel?

Should add the Freehub was 10 speed Ultegra.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Your description isn't very clear - is it a Bianchi-branded wheel? You could try contacting the Bianchi distributors - Cycleurope directly with your query:
    http://www.bianchi.com/uk/contacts/contacts.aspx

In all probability, the wheels will use an OEM hub from the likes of Formula in Taiwan, so if you identify the hub model, you may be able to find one from elsewhere.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • The freehub on my 2005/06 Bianchi 926L has failed and my LBS can't find a replacement.

The wheel is Campag with a Shimano axle that has been re-branded as Bianchi Componenti with large SGHEZ decals and a sticker that says:

Aluminium Alloy ETRTO 622x15C Made in Italy.

Does anyone have any advise on where I could look to find a replacement freehub for this wheel?

Should add the Freehub was 10 speed Ultegra.

Sounds like it would be easier to get the wheel rebuilt with a hub that you can get spares for. Or just buy a new wheel.
  • Thanks for the replies to my rather vague question, it is a Bianchi branded wheel, the hub say Campagnolo Made in Italy but the bike came fitted with Shimano Ultegra.10 speed so go figure what is going on inside that wheel. My reason for asking is I am moving on and buying a new bike so wanted to sell the Bianchi, but can't really be hassled to get new wheels, which would probably cost more than I would get for the bike in any case.

So plan B is to transfer all the Ultegra stuff to my training bike which has Shimano Sora fitted and then sell or give away the frame (which is pretty tatty). The best bit of the bike is the carbon cranks as I hardly used them before fitting a compact.

Apologies for the rambling but am making my mind up as I write, and now I have a project of sorts to keep me busy for a few evenings.