Forum home Commuter cycling forum Commuting chat

Heres a thought, Ninja Drivers

chuckcorkchuckcork Posts: 1,471
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
Tonights ninja motorist had no lights at all in an area that wasn't terribly brilliantly lit at 7.15pm? The one two weeks ago ditto. Are there some trend or are people just forgetful? How is it they take notice of the people flashing them (like tonights didn't when I flashed my rather bright bike lights)?

At least the lady I pointed it out to last week noticed my doing so and was glad of it... :?
'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....

Posts

  • GussioGussio Posts: 2,452
    Hmmm.....I hear that. Too many cars driving with just side lights on, or no lights at dusk / dawn. Maybe they think that it costs them money to be using their headlights :roll:
  • 16641664 Posts: 25
    Gussio wrote:
    Hmmm.....I hear that. Too many cars driving with just side lights on, or no lights at dusk / dawn. Maybe they think that it costs them money to be using their headlights :roll:

    its a fair point

    I hate those ninja cars that are parked :roll:

    no lights :?

    its hell :cry:

    luckily i manage to avoid most of them as they are stationary......this thread is going nowhere..
  • AndyMancAndyManc Posts: 1,393
    They should all be painted fluorescent yellow .


    or orange !!


    .
    Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • I particularly like cars disguised as motorbikes, with full beam on because they can't see well enough on a single dipped.
  • I was passed by a ninja scooterist last Friday night. Black jacket, black jeans, black helmet, no lights :shock: It was peeing it down as well so visibility really wasn't very good.

    I shouted "lights" as he came past but I doubt he could hear me over the whining of his engine. I could barely watch as a car pulled out on him 50 yards down the road, he only just managed to stop in time.

    It can only be a matter of time before he removes himself from the gene pool permanently.

    PP
    People that make generalisations are all morons.

    Target free since 2011.
  • FlasheartFlasheart Posts: 1,278
    AndyManc wrote:
    They should all be painted fluorescent yellow .


    or orange !!


    .

    With Scotchlite TM tape all over them :twisted:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • sicknotesicknote Posts: 901
    I did see a woman driving her car last night with no lights and on the phone :shock: :roll:
    Just glad see was going the other way.
  • chuckcork wrote:
    Tonights ninja motorist had no lights at all in an area that wasn't terribly brilliantly lit at 7.15pm? The one two weeks ago ditto. Are there some trend or are people just forgetful? How is it they take notice of the people flashing them (like tonights didn't when I flashed my rather bright bike lights)?

    At least the lady I pointed it out to last week noticed my doing so and was glad of it... :?

    I think it's the longer drives when you set off you can see so don't put on the lights and then forget....

    older cars used to have quite useless eletrics so some folks still seem reluctent to use lights etc unless they absoultly nessarry.
  • BikerbaboonBikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    Sicknote wrote:
    I did see a woman driving her car last night with no lights and on the phone :shock: :roll:
    Just glad see was going the other way.

    No NO no she was using the phone's torch app to light the way home. very clever really :lol:
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
    456
  • BikerbaboonBikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    Sicknote wrote:
    I did see a woman driving her car last night with no lights and on the phone :shock: :roll:
    Just glad see was going the other way.

    No NO no she was using the phone's torch app to light the way home. very clever really :lol:
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
    456
  • sicknotesicknote Posts: 901
    Sicknote wrote:
    I did see a woman driving her car last night with no lights and on the phone :shock: :roll:
    Just glad see was going the other way.

    No NO no she was using the phone's torch app to light the way home. very clever really :lol:

    Well it must go through her head and out her eyes from what I saw and as there seemed to be no brain to stop the light getting out :lol:
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 18,135
    1664 wrote:
    Gussio wrote:
    Hmmm.....I hear that. Too many cars driving with just side lights on, or no lights at dusk / dawn. Maybe they think that it costs them money to be using their headlights :roll:

    its a fair point

    I hate those ninja cars that are parked :roll:

    no lights :?

    its hell :cry:

    luckily i manage to avoid most of them as they are stationary......this thread is going nowhere..


    Evening Doog!
    Believe that a farther shore
    Is reachable from here.
    Believe in miracles
    And cures and healing wells
  • forget nija drivers i nearly took out a nija runner this morning. running towards me in dark clothing on a v dark road. watch out people nijas are every where. :shock:
    Trek 1.2
    FCN 5
  • AndyManc wrote:
    They should all be painted fluorescent yellow .


    or orange !!

    Nonsense - we should just ride slower and be more careful so we dont hit them. Why should they have to make allowances for our lack of due care and attention?

    ;)
  • 16641664 Posts: 25
    1664 wrote:
    Evening Doog!

    Mod note

    stick your sarcastic posts to the troll poll chubbs :wink:
  • A bit OT, but on the subject of cars and lights can I just say that driving around with your foglights on in the absence of fog is the act of a f****** selfish t***. I'm directing this in particular at the driver of the green MX5 who today sat 10ft behind me all the way from Otley to the A1, overtook, and then realised that it's more difficult to lead than to follow in the dark, so then held me up all the way to York. You, sir, are a c***.

    That is all.
  • nasahapley wrote:
    A bit OT, but on the subject of cars and lights can I just say that driving around with your foglights on in the absence of fog is the act of a f****** selfish t***. I'm directing this in particular at the driver of the green MX5 who today sat 10ft behind me all the way from Otley to the A1, overtook, and then realised that it's more difficult to lead than to follow in the dark, so then held me up all the way to York. You, sir, are a c***.

    That is all.

    Isn't having foglights on in the abscense of fog illegal?

    Found this with some google-fu
    Rule 133 of the current Highway Code states: - 'Use fog lights when visibility is seriously reduced’

    This generally means when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 ft). You MUST NOT use fog lights at other times

    As for ninja drivers I hate to admit I've driven off at night without my lights on a couple of times but only after leaving a petrol forecourt where I've switched them off whilst inside then forgot to turn them on again as it's usually lit up like daylight! Was easier to spot when on street-light roads in my old car as I'd look down and not see dials but the digital display in my Prius is still visible without needing the headlights on! It was during this time I learnt why on-coming drivers where flashing me (alas only with their headlights :wink: )
    I did see someone who the other night who was driving sans lights and flashed them but didn't see them come back on........give it a few years and automatic lights will become a standard piece of equipment I reckon.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
Sign In or Register to comment.