Ribble 7005sl vs Planet X

2»

Comments

• Onan
    Onan Posts: 321
    I've had great customer service from ribble. Never had any problem getting in touch with them either by phone, or by email. I was probably a pretty testing customer too. Messed up an order, had to sort it out by phone, then had several chats by email about wheels, and got sorted out with something I was happy with. Also emailed about a faulty saddle almost a year after I bought it, and got a replacement sent out that day.

Can't complain about any of that. I did have a direct email address to someone there though, so it may have been easier for me than it would have been using the customer service address.
    Drink poison. Wrestle snakes.
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    oldnslowcp wrote:
    Aha! In that case I'd upgrade the brakes (I'm not a fan of Dia Compe), pick a good saddle, and put on a bottle cage. Good luck, it's a super bike.
    This is sort of why I think you should just bite the bullet and go for the £999 bike, if you are going to be upgrading things you are looking at £100 for the brakes and £175 for the (compact) crankset so it is cheaper to just get them now. Cassette and chain don't really matter but I'd take Ultegra ones over the 105... They may do you a deal on the build BTW if you ask.