Seat Post Clamp size Fury 08

BlueDynamo
BlueDynamo Posts: 143
edited November 2009 in MTB buying advice
The usual question ........

None of the other threads seem to provide a definitive answer so here goes:-

Carrera Fury 08

Seatpost says 27.2
Seatpost clamp says 34 (seems large to me compared to the seatpost - maybe the clamp has been mis-stamped?)
I've measured the seatube dia. and I get 32mm (I would assume therefore a 31.8mm clamp)

I want to buy a cheap quick release like the one below...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=15692

....but am confused by the above contradiction.

Halfords put the bike together and they messed up elsewhere so either am I being stupid (likely) or have they made a boo-boo again?

Anybody got a fury or can provide an answer?
"One thing that is worse than Carlton Kirby: people complaining about Carlton Kirby.

Talk about first world problems."

The_Boy, 13/4/14, Paris-Roubaix 2014 "spoiler" thread

Comments

• Go into a lbs and buy one there, they will let you test it before you leave.
  • Thansk for the suggestion. Ideally I want to be buying on the net because of the cheaper prices. The LBS only has expensive Hope ones. I think I may PM some members who I know have Fury's as this may get a solution quicker.
    "One thing that is worse than Carlton Kirby: people complaining about Carlton Kirby.

• BlueDynamo wrote:
    Thansk for the suggestion. Ideally I want to be buying on the net because of the cheaper prices. The LBS only has expensive Hope ones. I think I may PM some members who I know have Fury's as this may get a solution quicker.

34.9mm clamp needed, we've got the same bike, also someone else on here bought one a while back and 34.9 was the correct one :D
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it is rare for clamps to be miss stamped. the sizing info is also on Halfords webby.

i am guessing that there is a shim in the seat tube.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • wardy235
    wardy235 Posts: 106
    if i was u i would go to a halfords store as they still have the 08 furys in so will be able to give u a definate answer
  • Thanks for the replies. Strange enough I just PM'ed Stu76 who had said in a post he changed the clamp on a fury and he changed it for a 31.8mm QR clamp and was also confused by the 34 stamped on the original. Seems as though the 31.8 fit fine on his though so that is what I have ordered. Hope I'm not wrong.

• BlueDynamo wrote:
    Thanks for the replies. Strange enough I just PM'ed Stu76 who had said in a post he changed the clamp on a fury and he changed it for a 31.8mm QR clamp and was also confused by the 34 stamped on the original. Seems as though the 31.8 fit fine on his though so that is what I have ordered. Hope I'm not wrong.

its 31.8 i have a fury
    anthem x with many upgrades
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    I don't have a Fury, but I do have a 27.2mm seatpost and 31.8mm clamp.