3/4 length shorts - recommendations?

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 59,925
edited November 2009 in MTB buying advice
As per the title, I'm looking for some good 3/4 length shorts what with the winter being here etc etc. Looking to spend around £50, maybe £60 tops - don't want to go silly expensive. Doesn't need to be totally waterproof, I'm not going bog snorkelling - water resistant will be fine. I'll be doing mostly XC and trail riding.

Any recommendations much appreciated :)

Cheers,
Steve.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Not sure about water resistant but Endura humvee's are pretty good and they come with the liner, which many don't.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    you'd be after the Altura Attack 3/4s then....and on offer now at 45 quids

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/cycle-clo ... horts.html

...yes, plenty waterproof. A well made product, plenty of adjustment in each size and looks decent too.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Noclue wrote:
    Not sure about water resistant but Endura humvee's are pretty good and they come with the liner, which many don't.

I and several other riding buddies have found the stitching on the inside of the knee on the 3/4 humvee's can rub quite badly over a longer ride. Would avoid them unless they have sorted this issue.
  • Humvees doing me proud, perfect for the recent day's chilly wheather, with a Lidl baselayer (went on offer last Thursday) set underneath ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • I have a pair of Endura Hummvees and a pair of Altura (think they're Mayhems).

They are both fine and comfortable, and both came with fasten in liners.

However, if the get wet, the lower parts, cling to my knees and make them very cold. I'm thinking of getting some 3/4 length inners and maybe stick with slightly shorter shorts. I think this will be a warmer combination.
  • Stevo_666
    Thanks Lads, my LBS has most of those in stock :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Andy wrote:
    Noclue wrote:

I and several other riding buddies have found the stitching on the inside of the knee on the 3/4 humvee's can rub quite badly over a longer ride. Would avoid them unless they have sorted this issue.

I get that with mine. I've got some Adidas shorts like these now

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=39738

...which are brilliant. I could do with a waterproof pair for the winter and the Humvees can be retired.
  • Stevo_666
    Nice find LF 8) There are so many products on CRC I would never have found it even though I 'm regularly looking on there !