i love potatoes (spuds)

2»

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    _Ferret_ wrote:
    stubs wrote:
    Go for flats because we all know that people using flat pedals never ever fall off and if they possibly do come off they do a forward roll in the air and land on there feet and doff there cap to all the admiring girls

Well thats what I do dont know about you lot :)

If you can show me a youtube vid of that I will convert! :lol:

I would do but the dog ate the video :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • All seems like too much hassle for me, think ill stick with flats; dont need better power transfer when you only go downhill and push back up anyway!
  • Vegman
    Vegman Posts: 35
    I had a spud moment except on skis, got a helicopter ride and three stuffed knee ligaments as part of the deal :x still ride spuds. :P
    A bike..in my garage.....I MUST tinker.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    omegas wrote:
    jayson wrote:
    omegas wrote:
    For now you will have to think about releasing every time you have to stop,
    In a few days maybe weeks you will start to do it without any thought.
    One day you will have a emergency stop situation and forget to release and realise your not there yet.
    Months from now you will realise that you have been out riding all day without ever thinking about it.
    Months maybe a year later you will release as easy as you take a breath of air.

And then just a day later you'll come up against something completely unexpected and over you'll go :D:D

Bike commuting around a city 5 days a week and riding off road at weekends brings up just about every unexpected event and its never brought me a spd moment in years.
    Yuo may well have just jinxed yourself lol
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    Paul 8v wrote:
    omegas wrote:
    jayson wrote:
    omegas wrote:
    For now you will have to think about releasing every time you have to stop,
    In a few days maybe weeks you will start to do it without any thought.
    One day you will have a emergency stop situation and forget to release and realise your not there yet.
    Months from now you will realise that you have been out riding all day without ever thinking about it.
    Months maybe a year later you will release as easy as you take a breath of air.

And then just a day later you'll come up against something completely unexpected and over you'll go :D:D

Bike commuting around a city 5 days a week and riding off road at weekends brings up just about every unexpected event and its never brought me a spd moment in years.
    Yuo may well have just jinxed yourself lol

What forget to breath … I don’t think so …..
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    well, no "Moments" yet! going up the DH cource later tho so... could be, err, interesting.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • I fell over sideways in the car park at Dalby forest before I'd even got on the trail. My mates found it funny even if I didn't.

I then found out that letting my mate set my bike up was a bad idea because he deliberately turned my front wheel round so the disk was on the wrong side and it took me a while to notice. Again much amusement!
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    ^^awsome ^^^^
    If you do SPDs up to the max you need a friend to help you get out. That is pretty amusing.
    Not really active
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    alisdairh wrote:
    I then found out that letting my mate set my bike up was a bad idea because he deliberately turned my front wheel round so the disk was on the wrong side and it took me a while to notice. Again much amusement!
    Very odd. On every disc wheel I've had, the hub flanges are off-set, so allow room for a disc brake. If I turn the wheel round, then the non-disc side spokes will jam against the brake calliper, and the front wheel will be unable to rotate.