Ladies do you cycle commando

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I can just imagine DDD rolling into the peth "Ladies which one of you aint wearing nickers right now??.... wink wink nudge nudge say no more" Looks down

*shudder*
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I can just imagine DDD rolling into the peth "Ladies which one of you aint wearing nickers right now??.... wink wink nudge nudge say no more" Looks down

*shudder*

:lol::lol::lol:

Someone bite into my ear last time I was there thin line between pain and.....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I've never seen someone get so offended when challenged about the fact that he has asked women to talk about their front bottoms for his prurient enjoyment!

Come on DDD, embrace the inner sexist. An honest perv is much more appealing than a dishonest victim.
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    quick post. On mobile
    DDD, there's been talk of being gentlemanly, and you've commented on not feeling obliged to stick to the forum's 'norms'. But that's a big past of gentlemanly behavior...
    I, for one, wasn't criticising you, just highlighting that some might think the roll was off-colour.
    Cheers,
    W.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited November 2009
    I'm not offended.

I just don't see the issue. Guys on here are OK to talk about going commando but asking a women whether they do it is wrong? WTF.

I don't see me as being sexist here, quite the reverse actually.

If a women asked me if I was going commando, as has been the case on more than one occasion, I don't get all uppity, start screaming "be a lady for cripes sake" and scream sexism.

I just say

"Yep, more comfortable"

8)
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Can i thank DDD. I have spent a few minutes looking at the poll and guessing who voted what.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Sewinman wrote:
    Can i thank DDD. I have spent a few minutes looking at the poll and guessing who voted what.

See - this thread is just a perv's charter :lol:
  • chronyx
    chronyx Posts: 455
    No-one's forcing any women to answer this question :? If they don't like it, click back and read a different thread.

What a strange reaction. Some of you are due to go back in the 18th century soon I think. :wink:
    2007 Giant SCR2 - 'BFG'

Gone but not forgotten!:
    2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - 'Red Rocket'
  • biondino
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm not offended.

I just don't see the issue. Guys on here are OK to talk about going commando but asking a women whether they do it is wrong? WTF.

Well, it's the same thinking behind segregated toilets, or changing rooms, or hospital wards. Some things people tend to want to keep private within their own gender, and society agrees. If you go beyond these norms you're going to find a lot of people aren't prepared to do the same.

As has been said a) you're free to ask the question, b) people are free to answer it or otherwise, and c) people are free to give their opinions on whether it's appropriate and the motivation behind it.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited November 2009
    biondino wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm not offended.

Well, it's the same thinking behind segregated toilets, or changing rooms, or hospital wards. Some things people tend to want to keep private within their own gender, and society agrees. If you go beyond these norms you're going to find a lot of people aren't prepared to do the same.

Toilets, changing rooms and hospitals are extremes to the example - I think you know this - there are other circumstances such as physical safety right to privacy. This is merely a question that could and has become discussion. It doesn't infringe on safey or privacy as a person has the right and choice not to participate.

Also I don't think for a second you believe common issues between men and women are taboo in regards to women and therefore cannot be talked about. What you might think is that there is a socially acceptable time and a place but that is a subjective call made by each individual. This is identified by some women actually answering the question and some men disputing the fact the question was asked at all.

I would argue that the fact that some women, of whom the question was directed at, feel OK answering the question the issue isn't with the question itself but, by those men who cannot deal with such topics, and who created the thread. I'd go as far to say that if a women was to ask this question (or a more popular member on this site) I doubt there would be such a response.
    As has been said a) you're free to ask the question, b) people are free to answer it or otherwise, and c) people are free to give their opinions on whether it's appropriate and the motivation behind it.

D). I'm free to reply to C). whenever I feel it necessary or where I feel the comments categorised a C). are unfair, unwarranted or when I simply don't agree with them.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Will anyone be doing a thread on bras. I only ask as Mrs Pieman is out and I borrowed one of hers to see if it would improve my areo dynamics but I cannot get the damn thing off now.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Will anyone be doing a thread on bras. I only ask as Mrs Pieman is out and I borrowed one of hers to see if it would improve my areo dynamics but I cannot get the damn thing off now.

Well in that case you may as well go the whole way, once you have the tights on mind you you might be inclined to shave the legs, resist at all costs else you end up in that but were do I stop situation.

good luck oh and lipstick is a step too far. :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I think it would be fine if it were another lady asking her female cycling buddies for advice. But, as it's DDD, it's less ok... :P

In other news I'm surprised to note that the 'nay's have it... :shock:
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    I think the point's been missed.

The question itself isn't a problem at all.

My problem is the fact that having already answered the Q in a different thread, I'm then singled out, questioned, told I'm wrong, and named pointedly in a new thread clearly trying to find a majority of women to prove how wrong I am.

I'm done now. Have a nice weekend, all!
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Commando? Sure

Oh, you meant when cycling

Silly me.......

;-)
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Clever Pun wrote:

*shudder*

I reckon I could pull that off.

Smart blazer. Flannels. Cravat (obv). Perhaps a monocle, but that might be OTT. Defo a ciggy in a ciggy holder.

And a Jaaa-agg parked outside.

[syrupy seducer's voice]
    "Ladies, might I enquire, which of you delightful angels from heaven omitted to don your undergarmentry aujourd'hui?"

With a crafty "naughty boy" smile, and a raised eyebrow, I'd be in like Flynn.

I might just try this tonight, in fact. :D
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • biondino
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm not offended.

Toilets, changing rooms and hospitals are extremes to the example - I think you know this - there are other circumstances such as physical safety right to privacy. This is merely a question that could and has become discussion. It doesn't infringe on safey or privacy as a person has the right and choice not to participate.

You're asking women directly and specifically about their privates. Laurence. Some women will be okay with that, and some men will be okay with you asking it (mostly, it has to be said, the men who will be hoping to gain the same prurient enjoyment that no doubt stimulated the question). But lots - the majority it seems - will think it's inappropriate and ungentlemanly.

My view is that yes, it is inappropriate but hey, this is the internet, it's hardly alone, but mainly that it reflects badly on you because you don't have the balls to admit that you want to hear women talk about their vaginas. Go on, admit it.
  • biondino
    Greg66 wrote:
    With a crafty "naughty boy" smile, and a raised eyebrow, I'd be in like Flynn.

You might be in with Flynn, but I don't know if the ladies will react as positively.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I agree with Sarajoy on this one, she has been singled out on this one. I had previously and publicly stated my standpoint on the issue and yet it is Sarajoy who has had the finger pointed at her.

It isn't a case of it being an ungentlemanly question to ask, that is down to an indivduals own sense of conduct.

Yes I too can be the queen of 'TMI', and it will take others to stop me, but singling out one person isn't the done thing.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • biondino
    NGale wrote:
    I agree with Sarajoy on this one, she has been singled out on this one. I had previously and publicly stated my standpoint on the issue and yet it is Sarajoy who has had the finger pointed at her.

It isn't a case of it being an ungentlemanly question to ask, that is down to an indivduals own sense of conduct.

Yes I too can be the queen of 'TMI', and it will take others to stop me, but singling out one person isn't the done thing.

I'd have a wee bit more sympathy for Sara if she hadn't posted maybe half a dozen times in this thread complaining about being singled out :)

(I didn't actually notice DDD mentioning her but yes, it was bad form, not disagreeing with that)
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

*shudder*

:lol::lol::lol:

Someone bite into my ear last time I was there thin line between pain and.....

Didn't know that Mike Tyson drinks in the Morpeth!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • is this thread for real :shock:

the guy is twisted

we have had the walking through the office with all the girls admiring my bulge thread now this

get a life pal..
  • Wallace1492
    PARIS75 wrote:
    is this thread for real :shock:

the guy is twisted

we have had the walking through the office with all the girls admiring my bulge thread now this

get a life pal..

Great idea!! DDD, get the poll going..... can't vote as i change in the basement after cycling in commando... no-one gets to see.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    biondino wrote:
    NGale wrote:

I'd have a wee bit more sympathy for Sara if she hadn't posted maybe half a dozen times in this thread complaining about being singled out :)

(I didn't actually notice DDD mentioning her but yes, it was bad form, not disagreeing with that)

Yes, but what isn't immediately obvious is that the original post did single Sara out! So her reaction is perhaps understandable. Since then DDD has modified the original post to remove the offensive content (good), but neglected to post an apology, thus making it look as if Sara is over-reacting (bad). He's probably not understood the undesirable side-effect of his actions - but that doesn't make it any more acceptable.
  • rhext wrote:
    Yes, but what isn't immediately obvious is that the original post did single Sara out! So her reaction is perhaps understandable. Since then DDD has modified the original post to remove the offensive content (good), but neglected to post an apology, thus making it look as if Sara is over-reacting (bad). He's probably not understood the undesirable side-effect of his actions - but that doesn't make it any more acceptable.
    One of the flaws of the BikeRadar forums, you can't tell when someone has edited their post..

Ironic Edit - fixed quote! :oops:
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    If the original post (edited before I saw it) needed "cleaning up" and singled out SJ then that is a bad error of judgement by DDD - we can all make mistakes, and think in this case an apology may go a long way to restore DDD's standing, and may make SJ feel better. I recommend it!
  • 2242132459_cfde3e7a6c_o.jpg

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • DonDaddyD
    edited November 2009
    biondino wrote:
    You're asking women directly and specifically about their privates.

I'm sorry I'm not going to play a part in your Daily Mail-esque esculation.

I didn't ask anyone about their privates I asked whether women cycle commando. That's a clothing preference question.
    Some women will be okay with that, and some men will be okay with you asking it But lots - the majority it seems - will think it's inappropriate and ungentlemanly.

Don't like don't partcipate. I also challenge your use of the term lots and majority, in reference to what posts in the thread or the actual number users who read and view the site?
    My view is that yes, it is inappropriate but hey, this is the internet, it's hardly alone, but mainly that it reflects badly on you because you don't have the balls to admit that you want to hear women talk about their vaginas. Go on, admit it.

Oh, it's the Daily Mail again.

Makes interesting reading into how some peoples minds work or is that posted by a different DDD?

Say what you might about me.

But you sir are certainly a STALKER!

To put things into perspective, that post was made in 2006.

I completely forgot about website and haven't been there for years. Me and the webmaster (a female a few years back when I was at Uni) were talking about shaving (same convo happens here as well, but in a different area), see she's American and its all the rage there. She claimed that not being was disgusting, hence the thread.

Like I said I am what I am, I hide nothing.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    edited November 2009
    is this thread for real

the guy is twisted

get a life pal..

You're saying that to me? You who were banned for being a troll and have come back as another person to continue trolling. Right.... :roll:
    rhext wrote:

You're jumping to conclusions.

The orignal post, the bit that was deleted wasn't offensive or directed at SaraJoy it was part of its own paragraph part of the main question directed at everyone. It read like ("with the exception of that time of the month how is going commando while cycling not better for girls?") which I admit was too far and not necessary too the question, if you want to get in uproar about that fine, but at the end of the day it was deleted before the first three replies.

I don't feel it necessary to apologise. In fact re-reading the OP I don't think its offensive at all far worse has been said to me and about me or to others and about others.

I find it hypocritical that some could even think to ask me to apologise. When I look around this forum and see the constant DDD baiting, DDD accusations, judgements about me and my personal life, the stereotypes, the Troll thread and the outright insults and flaming I've received from a choice few.

Yeah I've been treated poorly at times, that doesn't give me the right to treat others in kind. But then I don't think I have.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Wallace1492
    Its all just a bit of banter, as long as the line is not crossed, it can be sailed close to...

DDD, I enjoy your postings, power to your PC!! You are certainly a bit controversial at times, but you do live in it up. Chapauex!
This discussion has been closed.